You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Battle For The Boozer.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,026

Comments

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734
    edited March 25
    Pubs have been steadily closing down for the last ten years, round me half of them are gone……it’s too expensive……I remember a night up town used to cost 30£ and that included a taxi home, haha those good old days…….now the taxi home is £20 :( and you will be lucky to get 2 drinks for a 10r
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    I drove through Hanley (Stoke on Trent's City Centre) last week on a Friday.

5 years ago it was absolutely buzzing until 5am. I counted 27 clubs and bars that have shut that were open then. From being a vibrant place to a ghost town. It's just abandoned buildings. There are a few venues still open, 2 catering to the LGBTQ community, a couple of live music venues and club that opens 2 nights a week operating at 25% capacity. Yes there's a Spoons obvs but the City is dead and it's dead for good.

The thing is it's not actually a recession thing here. The City Council cleared whole swathes of the City Centre ready to level up and ran out of money.

As for pubs I was chatting to my mate and we could name over 50 that had gone over the last 30 years. Scarey stuff.
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    they dont want you talking in the pub , they want it online so they can see what you are saying . paranoia at its highest , or is it control mmmmmmm
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

they dont want you talking in the pub , they want it online so they can see what you are saying . paranoia at its highest , or is it control mmmmmmm

oioi, Mr One been on the weed again?

;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

they