You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

doublemes all nighter

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,607
happened last night not right now, but I fell asleep for six hours at 8pm after been up all night and randomly woke up about an hour or so ago. I had a critical Statistics assighment which I was struggling with i just could not get it to make sense and the deadline was midnight 11.59pm april 15th. I stayed up all through the night from april the 14th through to april the 15th 8pm it was at 7am in when I was desparate and felt helpless I thought statistics had finally beaten me.

I am meant to be good at statistics. I just could not make sense of it and was really struggling then I resorted to desparate methods something an atheist should never do I prayed well within the hour of that it was like the figures merged together and I saw the answers and knew I had it suddenly I was able to look up examples and figure out the workings before they got there I had finally got it I had got it.

so there you go God does not help starving people in africa or people crying out cocentration camps but they do help struggling procrastinating maths students.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,495

Slightly relieved to read that, the thread title conjured up some fairly unpleasant thoughts.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,503
    Sum's it up.! What Bears do after dark......
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Slightly relieved to read that, the thread title conjured up some fairly unpleasant thoughts.

so I fell asleep then woke up at 9am with really bad acid reflux/gerd issues which may be caused by a few factors

1. I tend to get a lot of takeouts around deadlines which is greasy take out food
    2. i had five cans of energy drink and three mugs of coffee hey I was up for just under 30 hours straigbht
    3. i forgot to take my meds for two days (meds for the acid reflux thing before someone takes that delibrately the wrong way)

with it playing up that bad I knew I wasn't getting back to sleep for another hour so so browsed the forums and was like what how else could the thread titled be enterprated what negative thoughts did @Tikay10 imagine.
    I thought it wouldn't be on my mind that long went back to sleep and just woke up but still thinking about it.

So have to ask what negative thoughts did this conjure up for you?
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    @Doubleme congrats on figuring it out.......my aunty studied maths, probly around 20 years ago, i remember her talking about how tough statistics was...... you must be a smart guy!

imo you should avoid those energy drinks with your gord, not good for it at all.....and dont drink the coffee when its really hot, add more milk.......

when it is really bad and stopping you from sleeping, you should try eating some plain ice cream..... works wonders.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited April 16
    Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

so I fell asleep then woke up at 9am with really bad acid reflux/gerd issues which may be caused by a few factors

1. I tend to get a lot of takeouts around deadlines which is greasy take out food
    2. i had five cans of energy drink and three mugs of coffee hey I was up for just under 30 hours straigbht
    3. i forgot to take my meds for two days (meds for the acid reflux thing before someone takes that delibrately the wrong way)

with it playing up that bad I knew I wasn't getting back to sleep for another hour so so browsed the forums and was like what how else could the thread titled be enterprated what negative thoughts did @Tikay10 imagine.
    I thought it wouldn't be on my mind that long went back to sleep and just woke up but still thinking about it.

At a guess David he's probably thinking what a lot of young frisky men get up to ,not me though, when i was young i took copious amounts of class As and danced all night :p
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 513
    Your approach to solving your problem and meeting your deadline is the nut low in my experience. I couldn't tell you how many times I've struggled to crack a work problem late into the night, before waking up after 8 hours sleep and instantly solving the problem. Often while I'm in the shower the next day the answer will just come to me without thinking about it. I can only assume my subconscious figured it out while I was asleep. Now I just go to bed at a regular time, knowing the solution will come easily to me the next day. The next best alternative to me is to think through the problem aloud with somebody else, even if they don't really understand what I'm talking about.

The brain just doesn't function anywhere near close to 100% at the end of a long day. Try doing a crossword or fiendish sudoku just before bed and you'll struggle. Pick it up over breakfast the next day and you'll quickly solve it. The same applies to poker: I analysed my cash game winrates and the first hour is far in excess of the 4th hour of play. Especially after a long working day or week. Winrates on the days I exercise are also higher.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,182
    stokefc said:

Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

At a guess David he's probably thinking what a lot of young frisky men get up to ,not me though, when i was young i took copious amounts of class As and danced all night :p
    True that @stokefc . I reckon I must've come across you whilst working Regimes, Shelly's, Valentino's or everyone's "fave rave" Entropy. God I miss the "old days".
  • Options
    yeah the late night isnt ideal but it ended up coming down to that will try to avoid this for the next assighment it was mainly because I had time clashes with other module and a few other factors as well.