You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can’t log in

Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
Anyone else having issues logging in? Has not logged me out of the forum but can’t log in on any of Sky’s other platforms ie download poker Skybet etc

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
    Itsover4u said:

Anyone else having issues logging in? Has not logged me out of the forum but can’t log in on any of Sky’s other platforms ie download poker Skybet etc

No problems my end.

Have you tried accessing the other products through the browser?
  • Options
    I am back in now after resetting my on etc and everything is fine but was very weird situation. Never had this issue before
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    @Itsover4u

Funnily enough I nearly started a thread hours ago but forgot.

During the last two weeks (after being on here for 100 years) I couldn't log in due to "account is locked" after first login attempt with the correct PIN. Twice so far. Go through reset PIN procedure and all well again. First one about two weeks ago, second one this very morning.

Was going to ask if it's a thing many here are seeing.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 513
    I was prompted to change my PIN to six digits this week. I also can't log out of the forum without closing the browser
  • Options
    Yeah it was odd as I’ve never had this before. Instant instinct is someone has got into your account.

But yes could not to log into anything but stayed logged into the forum
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    edited April 11
    I posted about this around 6 to 8 weeks ago I think it was. I spent hours, literally, emailing backwards and forwards with what I assume was no more than Customer Services. Frankly, I got nowhere. I begged to speak to someone rather than emails with whoever happened to pick up my response but never got this offered. I just went round in circles with each new person merely looking at the last email I had sent and not the full chain.

I now have the situation virtually every time I log in, whether Sky Poker (which is rare these days), Sky Bet, Sky Fantasy Football or Sky Soccer Six.

It has got gradually worse as time has gone on. When I first wrote on here it was periodic, now it is every single time. The site boasts that you can move from one part to another - i.e. from Fantasy Football to Soccer Six. I could in the past but now I can't and worse, whilst I might be logged into one (Sky Bet for instance) i have to go through the whole reset pin malarkey if I want to go to Sky Fantasy Football.

BUT, and here is the thing, when I go through the tedious link to recover then change pin, I put the same pin in each time and it lets me back in. I had got to the stage, when I first started to do this of running out of six figure codes that I might remember, especially as I was doing it so often. So I reverted back to the original one not expecting it to let me in but it did. Now, I don't even bother trying to change the pin, I just re-enter the same one each time and it lets me straight back in.

My conclusion is that there IS a glitch in the system even though Sky kept trying to tell me there was not because there is no way that it a proceedure to change your pin should ever let you simply put the old pin in and accept it. I too have been on these sites since virtually the start. Frustrating simply doesn't cover it.

Edit: I too have had this problem since changing to a six digit pin
  • Options
    Just had the same thing again. @Tikay10 seems like a technical error
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522
    Itsover4u said:

I'll pass this up to the Office, maybe the Tech guys can take a look.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Tikay10 said:

Itsover4u said:

I'll pass this up to the Office, maybe the Tech guys can take a look.
    I actually have the opposite where I press the Log Out button and it doesn't show that I'm Logged Out.... (I think @TheWaddy had the same problem a while ago.

I just go on to SKYBET and Log out there so that I know I'm definitely Logged Out.

I'm sure that if the techy guys used all this info, and pointed out to FLUTTER that they may well get fined by the GAMBLING COMMISSION for these kind of issues, they might actually 'pull their finger out' and invest in some better software.

God forbid anyone has money disappear from their account because of some of these ongoing issues.

Mind you any NEW Software might help Alan @MAXALLY stop BUBBLING (Blubbering :'( ) and help him finally WIN a SPT PACKAGE ;):D

GOOD LUCK tonight AL :)
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    You can logout via the 'my account' button, I don't think the logout button works.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 770
    I've had issues logging in today. Said my account was locked and ended up having to reset my pin. No idea if that's linked to the issues other people have been having, but is a tad unsettling.
  • Options
    TOOTRUETOOTRUE Member Posts: 192
    I have had the same issue as Asho28 today. Not had this problem before - first time today.
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    I was prompted to change my pin from 4 numbers (which i've had since i joined the site) to 6 numbers a couple of weeks ago i'm assuming due to some sort of security update across the sky platforms. I've not had any problems with login before or after, but maybe rolling out this enforced pin change has caused some issues especially if people have yet to switch to a 6 number pin.
  • Options
    TOOTRUETOOTRUE Member Posts: 192
    Prompted by benc's message and to add a little further info, I changed to a PIN of 6 numbers about a month or two ago but yesterday was the first time my PIN was not recognised and logged me out presumably for repeated failure to log in.
  • Options
    ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    ive had same problem had to reset my pin
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 770
    So over a week on and nobody has even bothered to keep us up to date with what's going on with this. I had a 6 digit pin originally so I don't understand why I would be prompted to change it. Appreciate the Sky team on the poker side of things is quite small but a bit of communication isn't hard is it?
  • Options
    TheSawTheSaw Member Posts: 75
    edited April 20
    I've been on this site for circa 17 years without any issues. I've not changed my login credentials for as long as I can remember. But similar to others experiences, 3 times in the last 10 days I've tried to logon, only to be greeted by a "your account has been locked" message. I've gone down the 'I've forgotten my password' route each time and got back up and running fairly quickly but the experience is a little unnerving to say the least.
    I'm left wondering whether this is a) a glitch in the system or b) is someone trying hack into my account by guessing my password and locking me out of my account after x number of unsuccessful attempts?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
    I think the repeat 'lock outs' are due to cookies (probably).

The cookies remember the last address you used to access the site, which takes you to the login page that locks you out.

When this cookie is cleared, it now remembers the 'correct' address where the login is accepted, this is when the problem goes away.