You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky poker LEGEND running the London Marathon this weekend....

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
Sky poker player JJ @DOHHHHHHH is taking on the Marathon on Sunday and raising funds for OSTEOPOROSIS 2000. If you can spare the odd pound or two, please donate. Look out for his number too if watching the event.

GOOD LUCK mate!

https://2024tcslondonmarathon.enthuse.com/pf/john-defty

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524

Goodness me, very best of luck JJ @DOHHHHHHH
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Remember his profile picture when he first joined and now look what he has achieved, it's amazing what he has done/doing, good luck JJ and enjoy your run
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    Thanks guys.

Honestly blown away by the amount of donations coming through from the sky poker community. Lots of familiar names 🙂

I’d toyed with the idea of posting myself but as I’m not a regular contributor (or poker player) anymore it didn’t really sit well with me randomly posting and asking people for money.

I’m so glad Alan took it upon himself to do so as the response has been incredible.

Sky poker players have blasted me through the 4 figure mark.

While I’m here I definitely have to thank a genuine sky poker legend, and London marathon world record holderGaryQQQ. His guidance got me through running my first ever mile all those years ago.

And he’s continued to advise and help me throughout this marathon training block. This week or so helping me to prepare on an almost daily basis.

Poker makes legends.
    Running makes legends.

He’s abit of both.

16023 is the bib number, you can track me on the London Marathon app if you want.

Still a possibility of a sub 4 hour attempt, I can’t shake that temptation.

Have a great weekend, let’s hope we all run good in different ways :) x

• Options

Good luck JJ

It's fabulous the way you've turned your life round.

Kudos to @GaryQQQ too, & to @MAXALLY for letting us know.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Alright @DOHHHHHHH tuned in for a bit this morning, hope the run went well and you enjoyed the experience.

Would love an update, pics etc. obviously when you're back home and recovered!

I can only echo what others have said. When I went to the donation page I was staggered by the transformation running has made to your appearance and life in general. Inspirational and great to see.
  • Options

He's come a long way since the days of takeaways & beer most nights of the week.

Thrilled for him, takes some doing to turn one's life around so comprehensively.