You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Major internet decision

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,710
So recently we got a knock on the door from TOOB internet they are claiming they can offer 900mbs internet for £25 a month.

BT have been overcharging us and taking us for mugs at £58 a month. we are on rolling contract with BT.

TOOB is saying 18 month contract BT is saying 24 month now. BT have offer to come down to £29

the main issue is connectivity stability. If the internet disconnects during a poker session it will cost me to this very day my don record has been hurt by the two powercuts long ago I suppose this would be very minor if I played dons regulary. Connectivity also affects my studies I am not done after this year there will be acturial exams and it looks like I might be deferring the computational unit anyway. With lots of jobs now going hybride having a stable connection at home is also vital.

Been able to download a game or whatever else rapidly is a selling point sure but the major issue is internet stability.

so the question is are we better of staying with BT and going onto a two year deal or would we be better of switching over to TOOB?

no decision is been made before the end of June as this is the earliest TOOB can get their guys in and uni exams are end of may early june time.So have time to decide.

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    Use this David .......

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/compare-broadband-deals

or U-Switch.com.

All the main companies are reliable .......and you're defo getting ripped-off with that BT Deal

I'm with SKY Broadband and pay £16.50 for Superfast Broadband (up to 65mbps). I know I got a GREAT DEAL as part of a SKY Stream Package, especially as I've managed to ditch the Streaming Service when they put the price up.

GOOD LUCK mate....... you shouldn't be paying more than £25 per month for Superfast B'band and probably £30 for the fastest one
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,785
    edited April 25
    @Doubleme virginmedia imo..... best internet in the uk!.......every gamer uses it.

take the tv, home phone, mobile sim and internet > be cheaper than what you pay now.......

last time i done mine, they doubled the internet speed for every service i took ;)
  • Options

@Doubleme virginmedia imo..... best internet in the uk!.......every gamer uses it.

take the tv, home phone, mobile sim and internet > be cheaper than what you pay now.......

last time i done mine, they doubled the internet speed for every service i took ;)

thanks for that unfortunately though Virgin are Boycoted. Me and my girlfriend have an agreement that either one of us can veto a business that has annoyed us then we Boycott them.

Virgin upset my girlfriends mother so she Boycotts them though so has always applied her Veto to Virgin. Unfortunately I cannot go into details on that because it involves a third party my girlfriends mother etc.

It seems I can't find TOOB on the recommened comparison sites but news that they apply the same IP to multiple people is a major alarm bell. I need to further check if that is true because if it is its a major deal breaker.

• Options
    yer missing out on the best internet experience haha........

one thing though they dont have the best service when you call up, sometimes can be hard getting your point across until you say - cancel my contract and you get folk who can suddenly speak sense.

i only really boycott take aways that send me **** orders.
  • Options

yer missing out on the best internet experience haha........

one thing though they dont have the best service when you call up, sometimes can be hard getting your point across until you say - cancel my contract and you get folk who can suddenly speak sense.

i only really boycott take aways that send me **** orders.

yeah we have the boycott veto rule though my girlfriend has only ever enacted it so far for Virgin and Dominos, Dominos supports the pro life movement in America and my girlfriend is passionately pro choice. really its a shame because Dominos did not need to do that it prolly not good for business and part of me misses their pizza.

Mind you Pizza Bella is beaten by no one.

its looking likely we stay with BT. I might try to haggle for them mugging me off. Like try to get an apology month or two for free dont rate my chances.
  • Options
    @Doubleme tell them you just wanna cancel the whole service cause virgin are offering you it all for 40 quid a month......
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 529
    We finally got fed up of the BT rip off and moved to Virign this year. Half the price for about 4 times the speed. It doesn't cut out and the extra speed is a game changer for gaming.