You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

an apology that should never be given

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,787
So I was walking past a basketball court on one of my reflection walks today and there were a group of early teenage boys playing basketball. Some idiotic mother let her two year old daughter (I am guessing two years old) just wonder through the gate from the park onto the basketball court and predictably the little girl got hit on the head with the basketball knocked over and heavily cried.

The mum looked very angry at the boys who were very apologetic and panicky.

Ok seriously?????? what are those kids doing wrong? how dare they play basketball on a basketball court? the kids were there first its not like the mum and toddler were there and the kids came along and started playing.

Why should they have to apologise because the mum has no control over her baby.

Its bad parenting flat out what do you expect to happen if you let your little one run onto a basketball court whilst people are playing there?

The kids should never have apologised the mum should have apologised to the kids.

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,188
    The 'kid's done right and apologized as any person would knocking over a child whether by accident or not. I seem to think that you see far too much in to normal life happenings that need explaining,
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,044
    lucy4 said:

The 'kid's done right and apologized as any person would knocking over a child whether by accident or not. I seem to think that you see far too much in to normal life happenings that need explaining,

Agree, does not matter who is to blame (in this case the Mother, obv), an apology does no harm especially as the Mother is bound to be distressed.

It's never a terrible thing to apologise & try to defuse a situation. What does it cost?

We don't need to go looking for trouble in life.
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 291
    You have some strange views @Doubleme :#
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,818
    the kids shoulda said really sorry misses and the muym shjoulda said, you are good ladsa, i shjoulda been keeping a better eye on her.....come here get a cuddle kid iks fine no ordeal
  • Options
    @Doubleme what kinda music does winni listen too//// theres a thread on here missing his input haha
  • Options
    well I may have strange views I do not know if I thought my views were wrong I would not have them.

There is a famous experiment where they ask people to count how many times a basketball or basketballs are passed between people but its a trick question because the real question is did you notice the man in the gorilla suit walk past.

This may not seem relevant but it is, because when I am on the basketball court my focus is on trying to create points for my team or trying to prevent points for the other team.

Now obviously I would prioritize the safety of a toddler over winning a basketball game, but the point is been focused on the game I am potentially unlikely to notice a toddler wonder onto the court. If I did notice this I would immediately call a stop to the game for safety reasons.

The thing is though it does not seem fair to the Toddler to apologise I know that seems like a strange view point but, the mum was clearly been neglectful in her parenting and blaming other people she is refusing to take responsibility herself.

Which means the Toddler could be exposed to future safety risks.
  • Options
    you ever think maybe that was the future micheal jordon getting their first taste of the floor, to inspire them on to greatness
  • Options

you ever think maybe that was the future micheal jordon getting their first taste of the floor, to inspire them on to greatness

well if you were referring to one of the teenage boys you never know but none of them looked that good, I mean I was better at that age and I wasn't the main player on my team even. and you see some American kids that age already looking and playing like pros and these kids form did not even look proper. I mean I dont mean to be harsh they was just boys trying to have fun but like if any of them a future basketball goat no one could tell looking at their play.

Unless you mean the girl who got knocked over well whatever the rights or wrongs of it there is no case of a female player been allowed to play in the NBA that I know of.
  • Options