You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Just went on auto drive and lost it all...

Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Lost my whole Bankroll for some reason!? Just went on MAD tilt and lost everything....so so so stupid! Feel like a complete donk! Wow.......this will take a little time to get my spirits up! Ouch!

Comments

• Options
    BradnockBradnock Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2010
    It happens to a lot players one time or other, look into why before delving back in.

Been there many times mainly from taking unneccesary shots, greed.

How exactly you manage to lose the lot?
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited April 2010
    Sorry to hear that.
    I know this sounds trite, but try to look on the positive side. OK, there isn't one in this instance, so the idea is to 'flip' your thinking to create a positive outcome. For example, Knowledge and experience come at a price. Whatever you do... you have to pay for it. That usually means making mistakes. And you won't be repeating this one again, will you?
    In summary, if you'd made this mistake a year down the line – when your bank roll was bigger – it would have cost you a great deal more. This error, will re-focus you, and cause you to earn more from now on.
    Even if you're not convinced by my answer; I am, and am sticking with it.
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited April 2010
    Looks like varience kicked you right in the b @ lls Ads, sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't but its never through lack of trying or wishing!!!

Take time out and a big, big breath and have a good think...When your head is clear you'll feel a whole lot better and remember, if you hadn't have been capable in the first place you would never have had a bankroll to lose!!!

TC Ads x
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

How much adds???? dont want specific figures, but if u say £1 is a buy in....how many buy ins????

cmon fella howd it happen???
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Major thanks for the replies guys, your right...I just have to learn from this!

Past week I've been bubbling or getting deep in tournaments and it just done my head in! I had tried to stay away from cash and too be honest ended up vacating away to Sky Vegas!!! What an idiot!??! I mean the poker was bad enough, I wasn't making any major mistakes but I just can't make it deeper into the field after a certain point!?

Too be honest, the Sky Vegas part ended up killing me off! Why Oh Why I resorted to that, I don't know! Nothing but my own fault....will take a break and come back stronger!
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    Soz ads m8 i never like to hear this happen.IMO forget it and carry on regardless,all the best buddy,dav.
  • Options
    kittykat01kittykat01 Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2010
    ads, dont worry , its only money mate. not a limb or, or your heart.  you too good to let it get you down. 2 day break, reload , kick a s s !!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks! Definately will take a few days break...I'm off to Dusk Till Dawn for Super50 on Saturday so lets hope I can re-focus and play properly and go deep!

I'll be railing everyone still!
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Just went on auto drive and lost it all...:
    Sorry to hear that. I know this sounds trite, but try to look on the positive side. OK, there isn't one in this instance, so the idea is to 'flip' your thinking to create a positive outcome. For example, Knowledge and experience come at a price. Whatever you do... you have to pay for it. That usually means making mistakes. And you won't be repeating this one again, will you? In summary, if you'd made this mistake a year down the line – when your bank roll was bigger – it would have cost you a great deal more. This error, will re-focus you, and cause you to earn more from now on. Even if you're not convinced by my answer; I am, and am sticking with it. Best of luck.
    Posted by FlutNush
    good post FlutNush this has happened to me also and this way of thinking is the best, I know it feels like a big kick in the nu ts but just look at it as a lesson how ever hard it may be. I won 2k in 3days from a 20pound buy in on here when i started and thought i was invincible then lost the lot in a week through a bad run and playing way beyond my bankroll. I was tryin to win it back by playing on even higher stakes and taking bigger risks but didnt know i could get so many bad beats after another. I also resorted to the vegas area for some stupid reason. The point is i have never done it again. Sure there have been occasions i could kick my self for not sticking bankroll management its always been a weakness of mine but its more controlled and i took a big break from game and cameback and put it out of my mind. The best thing to do about it now is start a fresh forget about it. Dont go playing catch up it dosnt work when you behind drinking down the pub with your m8s you just get pi s s ed quicker and do something stupid like vomiting on your m8s girlfriend. Chin up m8 your a good player and will continue to do well in the future. :)