You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

poker held funds?

porkermanporkerman Member Posts: 286
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
hello guys, just won some money on poker table and it says that most of my winning are being held back? dont know why this is? i won the hand fair and square. scrumdown even said nice hand? i willl post hand and see what you think, am sure sky have just made a mistake
MOREBOY Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £57.75
foralark Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £52.33
  Your hole cards

craigieboy Call   £0.50 £1.25 £49.50
scrumdown Fold        
porkerman Call   £0.50 £1.75 £49.34
MOREBOY Raise   £1.75 £3.50 £56.00
foralark Fold        
craigieboy Call   £1.50 £5.00 £48.00
porkerman Call   £1.50 £6.50 £47.84
Flop

• A

MOREBOY Bet   £3.50 £10.00 £52.50
craigieboy Call   £3.50 £13.50 £44.50
porkerman All-in   £47.84 £61.34 £0.00
MOREBOY Fold        
craigieboy Call   £44.34 £105.68 £0.16
craigieboy Show

porkerman Show

Turn

River

porkerman Win Three 9s £103.88   £103.88

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited April 2010
    When you say funds held, did you try to withdraw the money from your account?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    no i went to account to see if i earnt some more league points cos just had big win and i noticed that its saying most of my money is being held? only got 38 available but got about 66 being held?
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: poker held funds?:
    no i went to account to see if i earnt some more league points cos just had big win and i noticed that its saying most of my money is being held? only got 38 available but got about 66 being held?
    Posted by porkerman

Is it the cash you had at the table? It takes a while to update. Go cut the grass for your Nan and look again later.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yes it is elsa. ok will be back in a short while so see you later mate
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited April 2010
    There checking the RNG .... It looks like you may have found a way around the numbers generator by it not sending  the  case   3   on the river instead of that 2 spades .....  

I  dont think  they'll  release the funds it  appears the river card was sent  wrong    this time ..

:))

• Options
    Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited April 2010
    It's basically security procedure in place to protect against fraud! Don't worry it's your money and everything's fine with the hand you posted...

"Sky Poker has the right to hold any, and all, of a Player's funds indefinitely as a precautionary measure whilst we perform routine checks for fraudulent activity. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other Player Accounts (chip dumping), forgery, collusion and the provision of false information.As a precautionary measure we will hold all Poker winnings for a period of 24 hours. During this time you will not be able to cash out these funds, nor will you be able to use these funds on any other Sky Bet product. However, you may use any, or all, of these Held Funds at any time to continue playing at Sky Poker."
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010
    it doesn't happen to all winnings but every now and again some will be placed in a held fund for sky to do their checks and it releases pretty quickly, should only have an effect though if your trying to withdraw it. You can continue to play on the site with it straight away i believe you just can't take that amount out of your account until cleared
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited April 2010
    This has happened to me quite often,

Try winning big, more often, then you'll get used to it :o)  lol
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2010
    Held funds are nothing to worry about porkerman, just have a quick read of the help and support section here
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited April 2010
    i think rich orford had his funds held back after last nights thrashing!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: poker held funds?:
    Held funds are nothing to worry about porkerman, just have a quick read of the help and support section here
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Rich, is it done on a random basis as to which funds are held and which are not? because they certainly don't with hold all funds it only happens intermittently