You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What did i do wrong?

FundzFundz Member Posts: 95
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i swear i never gave them odds to call
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
richar1947 Sit out     
Fundz Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £4.49
chubbzz Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £5.49
cancer2 Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £19.90
  Your hole cards

cancer2 Check     
slh1980 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £2.65
Fundz Call  £0.05 £0.40 £4.44
chubbzz Check     
Flop

• Q

Fundz Bet  £0.20 £0.60 £4.24
chubbzz Call  £0.20 £0.80 £5.29
cancer2 Call  £0.20 £1.00 £19.70
slh1980 Call  £0.20 £1.20 £2.45
Turn

Fundz Check     
chubbzz Bet  £0.60 £1.80 £4.69
cancer2 Call  £0.60 £2.40 £19.10
slh1980 Call  £0.60 £3.00 £1.85
Fundz Raise  £4.20 £7.20 £0.04
chubbzz Call  £3.60 £10.80 £1.09
cancer2 Call  £3.60 £14.40 £15.50
slh1980 Fold     
River

Fundz All-in  £0.04 £14.44 £0.00
chubbzz Call  £0.04 £14.48 £1.05
cancer2 Raise  £7.30 £21.78 £8.20
chubbzz All-in  £1.05 £22.83 £0.00
cancer2 Unmatched bet  £6.21 £16.62 £14.41
Fundz Show

chubbzz Show
  • Q
  • A

cancer2 Show
  • A

cancer2 Win Flush to the Ace £15.79  £30.20

Comments

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2010
    1ST FOLD 6 8 OS
    2ND HALF POT BET ON FLOP GIVES THE FLUSH A CHEAP LOOK

IM NOT IN IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT AFTER THAT ID GO FOR A BIGGER BET ON FLOP, HAVING SAID THAT IF HE CALLS FOR £4 ON THE TURN YOUR PROBABLY NEVER GETING RID OF HIM SO WERE BACK TO FOLD THE 6 8 BEFORE IT GETS YOU INTO TROUBLE
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited April 2010
    Preflop is fine, bet more on flop, bet turn.
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What did i do wrong?:
    1ST FOLD 6 8 OS 2ND HALF POT BET ON FLOP GIVES THE FLUSH A CHEAP LOOK IM NOT IN IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT AFTER THAT ID GO FOR A BIGGER BET ON FLOP, HAVING SAID THAT IF HE CALLS FOR £4 ON THE TURN YOUR PROBABLY NEVER GETING RID OF HIM SO WERE BACK TO FOLD THE 6 8 BEFORE IT GETS YOU INTO TROUBLE
    Posted by BADBOY985
    +1  :0
  • Options
    Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2010
    even for a cheap look I am folding pre, your always playing this hand OOP and and considering the probability of flopping top pair with 8 high is low and to flop two pair is extremely low it just does not seem to be a worthwhile call, if you had raised it up pre flop rather than call no arguements but limping in was a big downfall in the hand. raising it up would have given to your opponents a more solid hand so they are more likely to respect the bet post flop.

As for post flop bet like Blackfish said is too small, your looking at 2/3 pot at least just to not give odds to draw. Turn I would have bet out again your OOP you've had 2 callers behind and due to the pre flop limping no card is a safe card for you unless they make a worse two pair, due to the passive pre flop Q3, Q6 and Q8 are all possible hands that beat you, as well as QQ, 66, 88, and 33 by this point you have to make people pay to draw and pay with their cards if they feel they are good. Admittedly the check raise turned out to be a good move in the way you did make them pay but if no-one bet you were giving the potential flush draws or straight draws a free card to hit.

The river was the definite scare card and the bet out well if you were betting out to represent the flush with your 2 pair still possibly good well you would have to consider all the action before then, you limped pre flop well that could be with suited cards you then bet out the flop not thinking draw, bet out the turn really not putting you on a flush draw, on the river it was a semi bluff that could have been avoided the flush coming and with one person just constantly calling down regardless of odds you have to consider it so I would have check called at the very most by the end, but like most I would not have been in pre not limping in anyway.

Spike2120
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What did i do wrong?:
    even for a cheap look I am folding pre, your always playing this hand OOP and and considering the probability of flopping top pair with 8 high is low and to flop two pair is extremely low it just does not seem to be a worthwhile call, if you had raised it up pre flop rather than call no arguements but limping in was a big downfall in the hand. raising it up would have given to your opponents a more solid hand so they are more likely to respect the bet post flop. As for post flop bet like Blackfish said is too small, your looking at 2/3 pot at least just to not give odds to draw. Turn I would have bet out again your OOP you've had 2 callers behind and due to the pre flop limping no card is a safe card for you unless they make a worse two pair, due to the passive pre flop Q3, Q6 and Q8 are all possible hands that beat you, as well as QQ, 66, 88, and 33 by this point you have to make people pay to draw and pay with their cards if they feel they are good. Admittedly the check raise turned out to be a good move in the way you did make them pay but if no-one bet you were giving the potential flush draws or straight draws a free card to hit. The river was the definite scare card and the bet out well if you were betting out to represent the flush with your 2 pair still possibly good well you would have to consider all the action before then, you limped pre flop well that could be with suited cards you then bet out the flop not thinking draw, bet out the turn really not putting you on a flush draw, on the river it was a semi bluff that could have been avoided the flush coming and with one person just constantly calling down regardless of odds you have to consider it so I would have check called at the very most by the end, but like most I would not have been in pre not limping in anyway. Spike2120
    Posted by Spike2120
    All the bold is pretty useless as i'm assuming you didn't notice he only had 4p left.