You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I cannot understand this call for his tournament.

apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
You say you were playing your usual tight game yet you risk 70bb after you get re raised and then an all in from another oppenent, arent you racing at best there?

Yes the AK wasnt the best imo at that blind level but it happens.

What did you think you was up against, once you got raised to 1260 n then a shove from another player?

I would fold to 'thebuddi14' all in, i like deepstacks for the long playablility and i wouldnt be risking all my chips with qq at that level pre flop without a clue what they could have.

Comments

• Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited April 2010
    I was playing in the Forum Deestack this evening. I played my normal tight game and then this hand came along. I just don't understand the call for his tournament.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    thebuddi14 Small blind  30.00 30.00 3385.00
    Quietman Big blind  60.00 90.00 10675.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

apollo_11 Raise  300.00 390.00 3912.50
    luvBWFC Fold     
    snowy6789 Fold     
    villian Raise  1260.00 1650.00 2665.00
    zxghostxz Fold     
    thebuddi14 All-in  3385.00 5035.00 0.00
    Quietman Fold     
    apollo_11 All-in  3912.50 8947.50 0.00
    villian All-in  2665.00 11612.50 0.00
    apollo_11 Unmatched bet  287.50 11325.00 287.50
    thebuddi14 Show

apollo_11 Show
    • Q
    • Q

villian Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

• A

Turn

River

villian Win Pair of Aces 11325.00  11325.00
    With the raise and the re-raise, it seemed pretty obvious that he was racing at the very best. He still had over 40 BB left even after re-raising my UTG raise.

Would you make the call?
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2010

im with norb to the villians reraise tell me hes folding to nothing buddies all in has me  holding a pair knowing im up against at best 2 lower pairs or at least a couple of over cards just to many loosing possibiltys to make it worth risking my tourniment 

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited April 2010
    Totally agree with Norb. Your raise UTG is fine then you get a massive reraise, what sort of hands does he do this with less than Queens maybe you could put him on Jacks at best, but then someone pushes all in after him IMO and I'm a very tight player in these deepstacks the only hand I call with here is Aces and maybe Kings if I've seen previous hands shown down. With QQ you are probably going to be a 4-1 dog or racing which is very risky at this early stage just 3rd level I think. You have 3.9k left, that is plenty to continue in this format you shouldn't be allowing yourself to lose to a coin flip this early, just a total waste.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    edited April 2010

this was a freeroll for me and i sat down with the mindset to play aggresive with premium cards at any stage thats why i did the big re-raiseonce i saw the shoves i put you on qq ,i didnt put you on kk,aa although it was possible cuz i had ak mesel so i went for it.good play bad play things like this happen at all stages of a tourny you just hope to get lucky when you get in a race

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010

The 1260 raise shows intent and the guy isn't folding to a shove, then a shove comes before you act and at this point you have to put Queens down unless both players have shown disregard for their tornament life on many previous occasions and they would do this with anything. With 1 player making a bet showing he isn't folding and another player jamming your out of options here. You have to put one of them on AK- Aces or Kings at which point you lay down with only 300 invested and pat yourself on the back when the ace arrives on the flop on cue