You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cover your tells with alzheimers

NEMESIS152NEMESIS152 Member Posts: 7
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I have just started playing real poker live and have been more successful than on-line.  Apparently people get no tells from me (this is because I can't remember what hole cards I've got).  On line, the cards are face up all the time, however in live games you have to remember.  If I don't know I'm bluffing, nor will my opponents.

I also use music to temper my play - if I'm too aggressive, I put slow songs on, and if I want to get active I go to full on rock music - my play adjusts automatically (this also works in the car - rock music if I'm late, normal music the rest of the time).

The worst thing about playing live poker is the noise - all those chips riffling... aaagh.  It's like being in a room full of demented crickets.

Would like advice on playing against intimidating players (the ones that think they are like Mike Matusou & Phil Helmuth) - what's the best way of playing these guys (again, don't get this on line - if someone gets chopsy in the chat room, I leave chat & go into a different tab).

Comments

• Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2010
    I also have the trouble of remembering my whole cards.  once made a major bluff thinking i had nut flush turns out i had ace high lol was only when i checked my cards before getting my chips i had won, wishing i had got a call i realised i had got very lucky and nearly lost my entire stack. very glad i hadn't had a little look whilst the other player was deciding wether to call i would have cr aped myself haha.

Normally the players who get leary thinking there phil helmuth  or matusow are normally gobbing off because you have knocked them out or taken down a big pot against them so i just sit there smugly playin with there chips and let them rant and rave they will get bored or be on major tilt so can take them for there remaining chips aswell haha