You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Just want you to tell me what you would do here, against an unknown....

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    eddo7705 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £24.67
    Thomponeb Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £56.71
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

blueyepete Fold     
    POKER80Y Fold     
    Black_Kite Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £73.92
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £6.00 £8.75 £73.46
    eddo7705 Fold     
    Thomponeb Fold     
    Black_Kite Call  £4.00 £12.75 £69.92
    Flop

Black_Kite Bet  £9.50 £22.25 £60.42
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £21.50 £43.75 £51.96
    Black_Kite Call  £12.00 £55.75 £48.42
    Turn

Black_Kite Check    
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Looking at sacks here, as we r deep, if u bet, how much?

Thanx, n sorry about OP.

DOHH

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited April 2010
    If you were so comfortable on the flop why question **** now? Either check turn back bet river if that will give max value or bet turn bet river.
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    I would go with bet turn bet river. Expect to see 77-JJ a lot of the time.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    What I would do, and what should be done could well be 2 different things.  I would be all in.
  • Options
    WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited April 2010

great board for u, it does look like he has a pokket pair but i wouldnt be too suprised if he had  A K ................... i would bet £35 on the turn, i take it he folded ur turn bet??? i would never apply pot controll here and check the turn ...................if he has jj u want to get the most value from him and if he has AK he will fold which is ok and bad luck if he has 99 lol

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited April 2010
    Well 22, 33, 99, KK and AA beat you... 22 is unlikely, 33 and 99 would suck and KK and AA unlikely, so i would try and get it in on the turn.
  • Options
    BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited April 2010
    A great poker mind once said NLH isn't a game of cards it's a game of betting...
  • Options
    LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited April 2010

i would raise more on flop (only slightly more) just to make him feel more committed on the turn. if he is the type of player who likes to call down light in 3b pots i.e "LOL U HAS AK I CAWL" i would prob chk back turn shove river so he thinks u are bluffing (even though if you were bluffing you are 2barreling)

some guy said bet £35 on the turn, that is probably the worst bet size you could choose

• Options
    TheAAcesTheAAces Member Posts: 77
    edited April 2010

Ship it in.......if he has 2s or 3s then he has played it nicely and you have to accept it is one of those, doubtful he has Ks or As especially with the check on the turn.........are you gonna put it down when he has 47 quid behind?

• Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Just want you to tell me what you would do here, against an unknown....:
    i would raise more on flop (only slightly more) just to make him feel more committed on the turn. if he is the type of player who likes to call down light in 3b pots i.e "LOL U HAS AK I CAWL" i would prob chk back turn shove river so he thinks u are bluffing (even though if you were bluffing you are 2barreling) some guy said bet £35 on the turn, that is probably the worst bet size you could choose
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    +1 Were leaving £17 back to buy a steak lol
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited April 2010

Once you've raised flop that much you can't slow down now, if you check and see an A/K river it sucks for you coz you probs can't call their river bet then.

• Options
    edited April 2010

In Response to Re: Just want you to tell me what you would do here, against an unknown....:

i would raise more on flop (only slightly more) just to make him feel more committed on the turn. if he is the type of player who likes to call down light in 3b pots i.e "LOL U HAS AK I CAWL" i would prob chk back turn shove river so he thinks u are bluffing (even though if you were bluffing you are 2barreling) some guy said bet £35 on the turn, that is probably the worst bet size you could choose
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Why is 35 so bad of a bet size, checking the turn doesnt make sense chief.............missing out on value, plus saying to shove river regardles what card it is so stupid in my opinion on an unknown player with just a pair...................plus they are deep stacked!!

And anyway chief DOHHHHHH is askin what u would do on the TURN not on the flop k noob

p.s. do u know what an unknown player is.............and wouldnt be suprised if u are jokin there m8 with that really bad advice lol .......... there are different ways of playin this but still

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Once you've raised flop that much you can't slow down now, if you check and see an A/K river it sucks for you coz you probs can't call their river bet then.
    Posted by NColley
    i agree m8
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Just want you to tell me what you would do here, against an unknown.... : Why is 35 so bad of a bet size, checking the turn doesnt make sense chief.............missing out on value, plus saying to shove river regardles what card it is so stupid in my opinion on an unknown player with just a pair...................plus they are deep stacked!! And anyway chief DOHHHHHH is askin what u would do on the TURN not on the flop k noob p.s. do u know what an unknown player is.............and wouldnt be suprised if u are jokin there m8 with that really bad advice lol .......... there are different ways of playin this but still
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    I agree, checking here is not great as you might let him catch up 4 free,also if he has a hand like 77-jj a heart or an overcard might scare him off and you could loose loads of value from your hand.
    I dont agree that £35 is a good bet though,if the villian calls that bet then the pot will be £125.75 leaving him only £13.42 behind, to me this looks very strong and i feel its more likely to get called if you just go all-in as you have less than a pot size bet left neway.
  • Options
    pryce6pryce6 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited April 2010

I like a smaller bet maybe around the £20 mark. I would hope this size bet would entice the shove over the top as it looks weak and I would snap it off as I think he has 44-JJ. Just pray it's not the 9s 

• Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Just want you to tell me what you would do here, against an unknown.... : I agree, checking here is not great as you might let him catch up 4 free,also if he has a hand like 77-jj a heart or an overcard might scare him off and you could loose loads of value from your hand. I dont agree that £35 is a good bet though,if the villian calls that bet then the pot will be £125.75 leaving him only £13.42 behind , to me this looks very strong and i feel its more likely to get called if you just go all-in as you have less than a pot size bet left neway.
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    i like ur logic there m8, and actually dont mind prycie's logic..................im always improving my game, and allways reading post with different ways of playin a hand and most importantly WHY!!"!  not just a definitive way of playin a hand since it is a situational game, anyway..................PEACE!!!
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited April 2010
    I you liked it on the flop, still got to like it on the turn.... bet turn, then bet/ check-call river.. could easily have middle pair here like 88.