You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can i get input on this push please?

luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
This was in a £16.50 DYM
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
purplSHEEP Small blind  75.00 75.00 1425.00
Sicboi666 Big blind  150.00 225.00 1580.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

jayboy2525 Fold     
alex24779 Raise  300.00 525.00 2290.00
Fun_Girl Fold     
luvBWFC All-in  2260.00 2785.00 0.00
purplSHEEP Fold     
Sicboi666 Fold     
alex24779 Fold     
luvBWFC Show
  • K
  • A

luvBWFC Win  2785.00  2785.00
alex says he had KQ, not that it matters. Should I have beenraising to 1000 here, or is it a call ? Obv worked out OK for this hand, but as always, that's not the point.

Comments

• Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    Def not a call. A shove is absolutely fine here given the stack sizes. For example if you do raise to 1000, what are you going to do if you miss? Check fold? Unlikely. Its best to get it in now and let him make a decision.
  • Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,094
    edited April 2010
    Right play I think but only because it is a sit and go. And as Cowgomoo says stack sizes are important, it leaves you well placed without any risk. Would be a lot more interesting in a tournament situation. How would you have played AK on the button facing a min raise in a tourny ?
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited April 2010
    correct play imo
  • Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,094
    edited April 2010
    Yes I make you right again, certainly if it is early in a tourny. But some players just hate calling preflop.

There is the consideration that a call may be inviting the blinds to get involved. Is that desirable?

A case can be made for a raise, say to your 1000, giving you the chance of taking it down. If he calls you would have more info, probably putting him on a worse ace or a pocket pair, so you can reevaluate after flop with the advantage of position.

The obvious danger is if he shoves, when you have a very difficult laydown which you have to make.

• Options
    edited April 2010

standard answer - ie no info on any players Assume I just moved to the table or something,

I would be tempted to flat call and assess the flop. I have position.

This answer may change If I have any insight on the raiser, or also on my perception of my own table image

• Options
    edited April 2010
    gl in Vegas by the way. Hope you have to drag yourself back there in November.