You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Analysis plz..

NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
reject114 Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £11.46
villainBig blind  £0.40 £0.60 £84.59
  Your hole cards

Ipso23 Raise  £1.20 £1.80 £27.78
NColley Call  £1.20 £3.00 £38.20
jordibhx Fold     
revieyears Call  £1.20 £4.20 £41.72
reject114 Fold     
villainCall  £0.80 £5.00 £83.79
Flop

• A

villainCheck     
Ipso23 Check     
NColley Bet  £3.20 £8.20 £35.00
revieyears Fold     
villain Call  £3.20 £11.40 £80.59
Ipso23 Fold     
Turn

villainCheck     
NColley Bet  £8.40 £19.80 £26.60
villainCall  £8.40 £28.20 £72.19
River

villainBet  £17.00 £45.20 £55.19
I don't have any solid reads on villains play but from what hands I've played with them they tend to chase draws alot.
I didn't re raise pre as I'm simply set mining, should I of bet more on flop/turn?
As for the river I'm not folding unless its a club, althought 86cc worries me but if he had that surely he raises flop, shoud I ever consider folding this spot, and should I be worried about the diamond flush? What hands can we realistically put villain on.

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

Ace ten, TJ, 79, A7, any 2 card club combination. Desperate missed fd shove on the end.

I'd bet £4 on the flop,  and £10 on the turn (obv the turn would be more having made the pot bigger on the flop.........but in the above example I mean...

I get paid off/called down/shoved on super light at this level, and if I post alot of the hands where I win big pots - the sorts of hands that come up are just unreal. 

• Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2010

I hate these spots...but i would most likely make a crying call without two many reads. (which you probably did lol), What did he have? I put my house on Ax of diamonds :-)
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited April 2010
    Just call.  We can never fold this hand.  If we got rivered by the st8 or backdoor FD then we hit the desk and type sigh in the chat box.

I don't think you need to worry about your bet sizing either FWIW
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited April 2010
    Against some i'd be tempted to shove ......
  • Options
    WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited April 2010

this is a good board for u, although the river is not great.........realistically he could have had anything there on the button 68 is in his range although so is 10,9 or most likely A,10, i never fold here lol...............so what was the end result???????

• Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    I'll guess the A5 diamonds
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    well I shoved the river because I had him on the missed flush draw.

He snapped with.... 89dd
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    Meh...I was on the right lines.
  • Options
    WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Analysis plz..:
    well I shoved the river because I had him on the missed flush draw. He snapped with.... 89dd
    Posted by NColley

Wow so sick m8 hard to put him on the back door flush there lol
  • Options
    zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited April 2010
    well I shoved the river because I had him on the missed flush draw. He snapped with.... 89dd
    Posted by NColley
    This is really bad reasoning to shove.

This is a nuts or air spot because loose passives will never bet out w/ 1pair/2pair hands here so you only hold a bluff catcher and can only call in this spot vs these villains on such a co-ordinated board.

So he's never calling your shove with worse so you wasted X amount of BBs for nothing by shoving river here.

• Options
    pryce6pryce6 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited April 2010
    Agreed. You just have to call it's pointless shoving like Zing says. Even if you think he is on a missed flush calling is by far the better option. I also like to call here to see what he holds, if you shove and he folds you can't.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think the shove is OK here considering you don't get enough time to make proper decisions, with hindsight I agree I probably should of flatted and saved myself 20BBs but... hes never folding even if he had 2 clubs+1pair in his hand, at this level the amount of times you see someone do this with 2 pair is unreal, like dohx7 said, he could quite easily of had nothing/2pair.

Anyway its another lesson learned and another note added for this player. Thanks for the input guys.
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2010
    Posted by NColley
    It did smell of a flush,i put my house on ax of diamonds though....so who do i owe my house to ;-)