You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Omaha on TV

VEE_KNUTZVEE_KNUTZ Member Posts: 5
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
How about having some Omaha tourneys on TV.

Comments

• Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited April 2010
    Don't think sky have the software to show omaha on tv.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,129
    edited April 2010

Moo is correct - it's not currently do-able.

Also, the viewer-demand would be very low, I'm afraid. Relative to Texas, very few people play, watch, or are interested in  Omaha. Sad, but true!
  • Options
    BRFCdaGasBRFCdaGas Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha on TV:
    Moo is correct - it's not currently do-able. Also, the viewer-demand would be very low, I'm afraid. Relative to Texas, very few people play, watch, or are interested in  Omaha. Sad, but true!
    Posted by Tikay10

House over house, quads over houses is where the action is. Just yesterday holding tens jack queen ds, flop comes 9s ten, happy days I think to myself now extract the max. get raised into so Im loving it. Min raise back at him get a smooth call. Turn a low card, I raise and get re raised put the guy all in with the hammer, get called cards go over and I'm dead to the case 10 as he's holding 7 8 9's, river killed me, $75 pot slides the wrong way, but thats action. tptk gets slightly boring after a while which may be why there's less shows on the open anymore. But heyho you know best.

Utg Rich BRFCdaGas
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha on TV : House over house, quads over houses is where the action is. Just yesterday holding tens jack queen ds, flop comes 9s ten, happy days I think to myself now extract the max. get raised into so Im loving it. Min raise back at him get a smooth call. Turn a low card, I raise and get re raised put the guy all in with the hammer, get called cards go over and I'm dead to the case 10 as he's holding 7 8 9's, river killed me, $75 pot slides the wrong way, but thats action. tptk gets slightly boring after a while which may be why there's less shows on the open anymore. But heyho you know best. Utg Rich BRFCdaGas
    Posted by BRFCdaGas
    I'm not sure about that.

But please don't confuse "viewer-demand" with my personal preference.

Me, I'd play Omaha all day & all night, & I'd watch it all day & all night. But 90% of the Poker market disagree, & want to play, & watch, Texas.
  • Options
    BRFCdaGasBRFCdaGas Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha on TV : I'm not sure about that. But please don't confuse "viewer-demand" with my personal preference. Me, I'd play Omaha all day & all night, & I'd watch it all day & all night. But 90% of the Poker market disagree, & want to play, & watch, Texas.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Personally I only got an account with sky when omaha came to the site, hold em is a game I cant play for the life of me. Yet I've watched sky poker on tv for years because of you and your fellow presenters, how many of your viewers actually care about players they've never heard of and a game they've rarely played other than on sky.

For me sky poker tv is unique, and as such delivers a product to ordinary people who are suseptable to new ideas. The mass american market is resistant to change, but I believe with the intuitive and constructive approach the analysts take engages the viewer to a degree where they trust you to look after them as a visual mentors.

Lets be fair, the standard has risen dramatically over the years on sky poker. I play Horse quite often on PS and Tilt with a known name on sky and twice winner and numerous final tables (my record on horse and omaha kicks his behind lol) He gave up playing on sky because he got tired of playing hold em.

Sorry but you are god, I cant stand hold em but could listen to you and rich all day long. So introduce YOUR followers to the a more exciting brand of poker, they would follow as they did before. I'd love to know how many people have never played anywhere else apart from sky, it would be more than any other site, I'd put money on that. And thats down to you and your fellow presenters and analysts not the form of poker the show puts out.

Still it cant happen so hey ho

Regards Sir (-_-) BRFCdaGas utg rich
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha on TV : Personally I only got an account with sky when omaha came to the site, hold em is a game I cant play for the life of me. Yet I've watched sky poker on tv for years because of you and your fellow presenters, how many of your viewers actually care about players they've never heard of and a game they've rarely played other than on sky. For me sky poker tv is unique, and as such delivers a product to ordinary people who are suseptable to new ideas. The mass american market is resistant to change, but I believe with the intuitive and constructive approach the analysts take engages the viewer to a degree where they trust you to look after them as a visual mentors. Lets be fair, the standard has risen dramatically over the years on sky poker. I play Horse quite often on PS and Tilt with a known name on sky and twice winner and numerous final tables (my record on horse and omaha kicks his behind lol) He gave up playing on sky because he got tired of playing hold em. Sorry but you are god, I cant stand hold em but could listen to you and rich all day long. So introduce YOUR followers to the a more exciting brand of poker, they would follow as they did before. I'd love to know how many people have never played anywhere else apart from sky, it would be more than any other site, I'd put money on that. And thats down to you and your fellow presenters and analysts not the form of poker the show puts out. Still it cant happen so hey ho Regards Sir (-_-) BRFCdaGas utg rich
    Posted by BRFCdaGas
    Thank you, & I have a feeling you & I know each other......

Omaha. I love it. It's so mentally challenging compared to Hold 'Em, we play 6 hands at a time, not one, & it's all I ever want to play - in an ideal world. But we cannot, & I doubt we ever will, show it on Channel 865.

I'm seriously considering arranging - personally, "not officially", a series of Omaha Newbie Evenings, at Cardrooms around the country, with tuition available to all, to help spread the word. That's how much I want the Sky Poker players to get to understand Omaha. But on the Telly, no, it ain't gonna happen so far as I'm able to see.
  • Options
    POTTSY82POTTSY82 Member Posts: 220
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha on TV : Thank you, & I have a feeling you & I know each other...... Omaha. I love it. It's so mentally challenging compared to Hold 'Em, we play 6 hands at a time, not one, & it's all I ever want to play - in an ideal world. But we cannot, & I doubt we ever will, show it on Channel 865. I'm seriously considering arranging - personally, "not officially", a series of Omaha Newbie Evenings, at Cardrooms around the country, with tuition available to all, to help spread the word. That's how much I want the Sky Poker players to get to understand Omaha. But on the Telly, no, it ain't gonna happen so far as I'm able to see.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fair play TK you dont stop mate, you deserve an mbe for all you do.
  • Options
    BOYDIDBOYDID Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2010

I love Omaha as well. Is it just me or if you are disciplined in that game you can clean up in the MTT's. I play one or two MTTS a night with Omaha. There are only 18 to 25 runners most nights but i cash often, win some, and final table a large percentage of the time.

I feel that the hold em tourneys (aside from the deepies) favour the aggressive (and lucky) players on here. I view my game as very much tight aggressive. I did win the 11.00pm velocity last week and came 2nd last night though so i will still be playing these tournets lol.

TK has SKY thought of trying a one off high guarantee omaha MTT, with satellittes, just to see how we go with the number of runners? Maybe once a month and promote in on 865? Personally i feel that once you get hooked on omaha there is no going back!
  • Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited April 2010
    For me i personally feel playing Omaha makes you concentrate more than possibly Texas Holdem does and that's why i think it's such a fantastic game.

Ok we know how volatile the varience in Omaha can be, but i seem to get at times more enjoyment playing Omaha then i do Holdem which i find a bit puzzling but i hope Omaha on Sky Poker will slowly but surely grow to become big and i would also like to see a possbile one-off high guarantee Omaha MTT sometime in the near future!.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    As you can see for yourselves by this threads response there is not enough interest by the mainstream to push forward omaha.ME? i luv the game far more than i ever will holdem.Its just such a shame more players on here are not more like us lot.dav