You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Too agro for flopped quads?

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
A while ago on that freechips1 thread, I remember someone posting (think it was beaneh) that they should raise their flopped quads. 

What are ppls thoughts on this hand.  What could he have do you think to min bet, then call a raise, then fold to half pot bet?  Did my hand really look that strong?

I was trying to size my bets that if he had any sort of draw he would stick around...
UncleNafe Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £19.96
OMahonyO Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £15.21
  Your hole cards

passpat2- Fold     
daniel1690 Fold     
jollyboy1 Fold     
UncleNafe Call  £0.05 £0.20 £19.91
OMahonyO Check     
Flop

UncleNafe Bet  £0.10 £0.30 £19.81
OMahonyO Raise  £0.30 £0.60 £14.91
UncleNafe Call  £0.20 £0.80 £19.61
Turn

UncleNafe Check     
OMahonyO Bet  £0.40 £1.20 £14.51
UncleNafe Fold     
OMahonyO Muck     
OMahonyO Win  £1.16  £15.67

Comments

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited April 2010
    I think post flop is fine.
    I would raise preflop though, you have a hand with value that doesn't flop well and the SB has shown weakness so i would raise it and look to take it down pre. Then the pot is bigger when you do hit quads.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Too agro for flopped quads?:
    I think post flop is fine. I would raise preflop though, you have a hand with value that doesn't flop well and the SB has shown weakness so i would raise it and look to take it down pre. Then the pot is bigger when you do hit quads.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yeah, I meant to say, The timer had all but run out so just had to click anything just to stay in the hand and it was the check tab lol.  I would usually raise this pre