You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Trapping with KK pre flop gone wrong. 5 bet by a nit with over 200 BBs.

Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Villain in the hand is an abc nit: 18/15/3.6 3bet = 7%; squeze = 5% and 4bet = 8%

Blinds $2/$4

SB ($448)
BB ($203)
UTG ($421)
Hero ($899)
CO ($1,012)
BTN ($476)

Dealt to Hero KK

UTG raises to $14, Hero calls $14, CO raises to $62, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $164, CO raises to $274, Hero?

This screams AA but surely I cant fold this... Can I?   Thoughts and help from everyone would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    You shove and he shows AA
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited April 2010
    Nasty spot.  Looking at his stats you are definitely up against AA, the other two kings, AK or maybe QQ.  The fact he has min raised you looks fairly suspicious but won't be AA every time.  Hating the fact he's got position on you as well.

I'd be tempted to call here and assess the flop with the hope to bink a king here.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited April 2010

Very tough to fold KK preflop, but if you do have notes on him being an ABC nit then surely this is the time to use them to your advantage. Still I probably lose my stack against AA here.

• Options
    zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited April 2010
    how big is your stats sample? 

do you know how many tables he's on?

has he played with you enough to know you flat UTG w/ KK in MP some % of the time?

have you done this line vs him w/ AK/QQ/JJ in the past allbeit most likely not in a 200bb+ deep pot

what's your foldto3bet %?  how do you think he views you?

what's the table playing like? will he expect you to flat big in EP cause there's a squeeze happy player in the blinds? etc etc

as you're 200bb+ deep this becomes very read dependant on how to continue

don't think I can ever fold this simply because your hand is underrepped from the get go and he'll level himself into stacking off lighter than he should cause of it

there's proabably an argument to flat because his line can include pure air given the right info from you

• Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Trapping with KK pre flop gone wrong. 5 bet by a nit with over 200 BBs.:
    how big is your stats sample?  do you know how many tables he's on? has he played with you enough to know you flat UTG w/ KK in MP some % of the time? have you done this line vs him w/ AK/QQ/JJ in the past allbeit most likely not in a 200bb+ deep pot what's your foldto3bet %?  how do you think he views you? what's the table playing like? will he expect you to flat big in EP cause there's a squeeze happy player in the blinds? etc etc as you're 200bb+ deep this becomes very read dependant on how to continue don't think I can ever fold this simply because your hand is underrepped from the get go and he'll level himself into stacking off lighter than he should cause of it there's proabably an argument to flat because his line can include pure air given the right info from you
    Posted by zing
    +1 very good post, personally i call then loose to AA.
  • Options
    JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
    edited April 2010

what was the outcome?
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited April 2010
    The day i fold KK pre flop you can kick me in the ballcocks.