You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

JJ facing all in shove pre

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Interesting to see that no one's said fold here.

As it was I did make the call after thinking about it. I was convinced that I was up against an AK/AQ type of hand & hoping it was a lower pair. My heart sank when he flipped over aces but I got lucky & flopped my set.

Surely this isn't the best way to play aces though is it? I'm folding most hands that I'm open raising with here so surely you lose tons of value by 3 bet shoving for nearly 80bb? 

Comments

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    this wasnt me was it, it looks kinda familiar?
  • Options
    GeezerJTGeezerJT Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2010
    I would call, but i wouldn't be surprised if i lost
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2010
    I snap. Seen this too many times with 77-JJ    Its very rarely QQ+
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: JJ facing all in shove pre:
    this wasnt me was it, it looks kinda familiar?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    No it wasn't you mate. Not sure if you were on the table at the time though?
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2010
    Interesting to see that no one's said fold here. As it was I did make the call after thinking about it. I was convinced that I was up against an AK/AQ type of hand & hoping it was a lower pair. My heart sank when he flipped over aces but I got lucky & flopped my set. Surely this isn't the best way to play aces though is it? I'm folding most hands that I'm open raising with here so surely you lose tons of value by 3 bet shoving for nearly 80bb? 
    Posted by silentbob
    Wow, he shows up with Aces. That's just unlucky. I'd say 5-15% of the time he shows up with QQ+. Im calling everrytime in that spot. But I hope you made a note on him ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: JJ facing all in shove pre : Wow, he shows up with Aces. That's just unlucky. I'd say 5-15% of the time he shows up with QQ+. Im calling everrytime in that spot. But I hope you made a note on him ;)
    Posted by Strat91
    Definitely noted! As I said in my OP, I thought it'd be a pretty strange way to play AA cos in the majority of cases you're gonna lose tons of value.