You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Was I right in the long term?

cwurep1cwurep1 Member Posts: 23
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
shove flop if not shove turn imo

Comments

• Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited April 2010
    To answer your question if this is right in the long term:

With him potting the turn your pot odds to call would be 2:1.  You believed you had 15 outs which means you were about 31%-32% to win the pot with the right card on the river.  Therefore you were getting just about the wrong price to call the turn.  However if you believed you could get a value bet called (implied pot odds) this takes care of the one or two percent difference.

Now let's look at the villain.  You've been calling on a flushing board on two streets then you check to him.  Then when the flush card comes down you check to him.  He should never be shoving here unless he has been betting the flush draw.  I think he made a mistake on the river and your play was fine.  I would of probably got less money as I would of made a value bet on the river of around half the pot which the villain may have just flat called so well done.
  • Options
    cwurep1cwurep1 Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Was I right in the long term?:
    To answer your question if this is right in the long term: With him potting the turn your pot odds to call would be 2:1.  You believed you had 15 outs which means you were about 31%-32% to win the pot with the right card on the river.  Therefore you were getting just about the wrong price to call the turn.  However if you believed you could get a value bet called (implied pot odds) this takes care of the one or two percent difference. Now let's look at the villain.  You've been calling on a flushing board on two streets then you check to him.  Then when the flush card comes down you check to him.  He should never be shoving here unless he has been betting the flush draw.  I think he made a mistake on the river and your play was fine.  I would of probably got less money as I would of made a value bet on the river of around half the pot which the villain may have just flat called so well done.
    Posted by TommyD
    Hi Tommy, thanks for the detailed response