You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Problems multitabling

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
I have SERIOUS issues with multitabling on this site. On other sites I regularly play 12 - 16 tables with no glitches.  Here, I can play no more than 4.

Firstly, If I have open tables, then click on the lobby, the open tables disappear and automatically minimze. This wouldnt be a huge problem if when action was on me, the tables reappeared, or even let me know that action was on me, but it doesnt, which leads to me sitting out unwantedly.

Secondly, tiling the tables seems to be the only option, as when cascading, the table where action is to me does not take priority and pop to the front, which, again leads to sitting out.

So, tiling is my only option, so figured I would get myself a 24" widescreen monitor that I would be able to tile 8 miniview
 tables across, only I cant, as when I try to open more than 4, I get a warning message saying I may experience problems if trying to open more than 4 tables, and I do experience problems. The whole thing freezes up.

Some help or support would be appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bonniedogbonniedog Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2009
    Not really much help this, but I multi table without any problems, I have them full size, I dont like mini view.
  • Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    This is fairly odd, I actually get a little annoyed when multi-tabling on sky because the tables DO pop to the front for me when the action comes to me. I say it's annoying because it always seems to happen when I'm trying to make a bet/comment on the chatbox on one table, and then the other pops infront while doing so, so I have to click back on the original table to continue what I was doing. Therefore I would guess that your problem is an isolated one.

A good friend of mine from the site spoke to one of the Tech dudes at the SPUKT Grand Final about randomly being disconnected, and he got his contact details and I believe they're trying to sort out what the problem is. I don't know what his e-mail is, but try and find 'phil12uk' on the forums somewhere and drop him a message via his profile and i'm sure he can give you the e-mail of the Tech bloke as he will be your best bet of getting this sorted.
  • Options
    WildDogWildDog Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2009

It depends which browser you are using. On firefox for example the tables on sky dont pop up so you keep losing track of whats happening but on ie they do pop up when the action is on you. i have the same trouble if trying to multi table but i put it down to lack of performance with my machine and lack of RAM. Maybe the sky tables use more than on other sites? thats just a guess tho.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks, I tried using internet explorer, but now I cant open any tables at all. The box comes up but just stays blank.
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited June 2009
    Hi guys.  There are limitations to using mini view tables in certain browsers; including Firefox, which is why the pop up appears.  Further developments of the mini view functionality are in progress and will be released over the next few weeks.  We'll keep you informed on the forum when those releases are ready to go live.  In the interim, if you experience problems with mini view please feel free to do a screen print of the problem and upload it here.  We can then assess the issue and resolve.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Problems multitabling:
    Hi guys.  There are limitations to using mini view tables in certain browsers; including Firefox, which is why the pop up appears.  Further developments of the mini view functionality are in progress and will be released over the next few weeks.  We'll keep you informed on the forum when those releases are ready to go live.  In the interim, if you experience problems with mini view please feel free to do a screen print of the problem and upload it here.  We can then assess the issue and resolve.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Thanks, the thing is, if ie lets tables when action is on them pop to the front then I will not need miniview as I can cascade them, but I cant get any of them to open at all using ie