You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

KK

BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Ok this situation crops up a load and I have no idea what to do. PLEASE HELP!!

rush poker... readless
10nl, villain has $8.45, I have $25.88

UTG+1 opens for 0.40
Folded round to me in the BB with KK... I raise to $1.20 (3x the size of the initial raise)
UTG+1 flat calls.
The pot preflop is $2.45

The flop is 963 (2 diamonds)
I bet $1.80 into the pot of $2.45 (just under 3/4 pot bet)
Villain flats.
Pot after the flop betting is $6.05

Turn is the A of diamonds. So that completes any flush draws and big ace hands get there. Villain now has a stack of $5.45 with the pot at $6.05.
Do I bet and pot comit myself so obviously having to call his shove?
Do I check call in the hope of him checking back/making small bets?
Do I check fold because any ace hand has me beat, so all I beat here realistically are pocket pairs 22, 44, 55, 77, 88, TT, JJ, QQ and they might well just check back the flop?

Please help meeeeeeeee!!!

Comments

• Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited May 2010
    I assuming you dont have the K of diamonds, so I'd check and see what he does.
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: KK:
    I assuming you dont have the K of diamonds, so I'd check and see what he does.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Turn is pretty sick. I check fold turn. Your beating close to nothing and at 10nl an A high float you see way to often.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited May 2010
    Check fold, looks like clear flush go there for me, if he hasnt you could end up wasting money trying to find out when you can never feel confident in this hand anymore.
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2010
    your raise shud be 4 or even 5x pre on rush poker as they are all fish (bit of generalisation but u know what i mean)

you should be pot betting that flop, dont play abc 3x then 3/4 it just isnt enuf in these spots and betting more defines villains range, i'd find it hard to put villain with an A in his range unless A9 , which he wud fold to a larger preflop range, get my drift?

anyways, as played i think u shud be check calling any bet and puke if he floated u with AJ/AQ...cant put him on a fd in 3 bet pot...
  • Options
    tregesea31tregesea31 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2010
    Once the flush draw comes you have got a decision of either pushing or waiting. A small bet here is not going to put anyone off at this level as I play it myself. I would have pushed on the flop and hoped called as I miss flush draws all the time. This is a game of callers at the 10nl level. Good luck in the big pond 
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: KK:
    your raise shud be 4 or even 5x pre on rush poker as they are all fish (bit of generalisation but u know what i mean) you should be pot betting that flop, dont play abc 3x then 3/4 it just isnt enuf in these spots and betting more defines villains range, i'd find it hard to put villain with an A in his range unless A9 , which he wud fold to a larger preflop range, get my drift? anyways, as played i think u shud be check calling any bet and puke if he floated u with AJ/AQ...cant put him on a fd in 3 bet pot...
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Yea obvs expecting big ace/PP... but surely he would check PPs behind on the turn and so if he bets he is more likely to have an ace? Or he could have called my 3 bet with suited cons and hit the flush on turn.

What do you think of check folding turn?
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2010
    he still has77/88/tt/jj maybe qq some kind of 9, all of which cud easily bet the turn after u check the ace....problem is u need to avoid having the tough decision in these situations by betting enough before hand.

If you bet more pre and on flop then u have an easy shove on turn so theres no decison, as it is u have an awkward size stack in relation to pot.

im pretty much losing my stack here if he bets turn and riv the way u played....