You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Expensive cash game ebooks

DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Has any one read any of the following books:

1) Bobbo's Bibble by Bobbofitos
2) Memoirs of Aejones by Aejones
3) The poker puzzle by Improva
4) Easy Game 1 by Baluga Whale
5) Easy Game 2 by Baluga Whale
6) How to beat NLHE Max by billyjex
7) Let there be range by Slowhabbit and Cole 'CTS' South
8) NLH Workbook by Slowhabbit
9) SSNL by Ed Miller, Sunny Metha and Matt Flynn
10) The poker Blueprint by Aaron Davis and Slowhabbit
11) Treat your poker like a business by Dusty Schmidt
12) 3bet seminar by Baluga Whale

The reasons i ask is because i only play between 40nl-100nl (depending on sites) and some of the concepts in these books seem to be targeted for higher stakes. (so dont want to read any of the books which might loose me money lol)
Any small reviews of any of these books or audio tapes would be great.

Comments

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Expensive cash game ebooks:
    Has any one read any of the following books : 1) Bobbo's Bibble by Bobbofitos 2) Memoirs of Aejones by Aejones 3) The poker puzzle by Improva 4) Easy Game 1 by Baluga Whale 5) Easy Game 2 by Baluga Whale 6) How to beat NLHE Max by billyjex 7) Let there be range by Slowhabbit and Cole 'CTS' South 8) NLH Workbook by Slowhabbit 9) SSNL by Ed Miller, Sunny Metha and Matt Flynn 10) The poker Blueprint by Aaron Davis and Slowhabbit 11) Treat your poker like a business by Dusty Schmidt 12) 3bet seminar by Baluga Whale The reasons i ask is because i only play between 40nl-100nl (depending on sites) and some of the concepts in these books seem to be targeted for higher stakes. (so dont want to read any of the books which might loose me money lol) Any small reviews of any of these books or audio tapes would be great.
    Posted by DeuceAK-47

Dustys' book is about poker like Greensteins book is so that isn't aimed at a limit. Most of the others written by online names are aimed at $5/10 NL cash game players mainly.

dunno about improva as I thought he coached some lower limit stuff.
  • Options
    BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited May 2010
    Cant beat a bit of Sklansky Bean!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Expensive cash game ebooks:
    In Response to Expensive cash game ebooks : Dustys' book is about poker like Greensteins book is so that isn't aimed at a limit. Most of the others written by online names are aimed at $5/10 NL cash game players mainly.
    Posted by beaneh
    Yeah thats what it looks like lol (especially the dearest ones), i know the Ed Miller book is for 200nl which i have read already neway and the easy game part 1 is for ssnl games so i probably just read that until im crushing at least 400nl lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cant beat a bit of Sklansky Bean!!!!!!!
    Posted by BrownnDog

I'd love to beat the bas-tardo!!! :-p

His DUCY book is quite interesting too.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited May 2010
    how expensive is expensive?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    omg, i just googled some of them.  $700 for an ebook lol.  Reckon you could get that free if you looked hard enough ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    how expensive is expensive?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    1) Bobbo's Bibble by Bobbofitos- $750
    2) Memoirs of Aejones by Aejones-$5000
    3) The poker puzzle by Improva-$550
    4) Easy Game 1 by Baluga Whale-$300
    5) Easy Game 2 by Baluga Whale-$700
    6) How to beat NLHE Max by billyjex-$50
    7) Let there be range by Slowhabbit and Cole 'CTS' South-$1850
    8) NLH Workbook by Slowhabbit-$300
    9) SSNL by Ed Miller, Sunny Metha and Matt Flynn-$100
    10) The poker Blueprint by Aaron Davis and Slowhabbit-$100
    11) Treat your poker like a business by Dusty Schmidt-$60
    12) 3bet seminar by Baluga Whale-? some sort of coaching i think

...............and yes i did look hard for them ;-)
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited May 2010
    i have let there be range on my comp but i havent read it yet. i think its a lot of advanced stuff though. I heard Fees wrote a good ebook, i think that it was micro stakes stuff but not sure, im sure you could google it if you wanna read.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i have let there be range on my comp but i havent read it yet. i think its a lot of advanced stuff though. I heard Fees wrote a good ebook, i think that it was micro stakes stuff but not sure, im sure you could google it if you wanna read.
    Posted by offshoot

yeah LTBR is all 5/10 reg specific! Fees pdf is the best basic 6 max guide and free tis easy to find too.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    Lol AeJones is charging $5000 ?! He's 1 of the guys from 2 months 2 million aint he? Yea surely you can just download them the errrm... back door way ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Lol AeJones is charging $5000 ?! He's 1 of the guys from 2 months 2 million aint he? Yea surely you can just download them the errrm... back door way ;)
    Posted by BlackFish3

It's been out quite a while now, it was very hard to get hold of because once you've spent $5k you're not gonna share it around for free lol. Luckychewy plays a funny part in the audio vid, just grunts and says yeaah.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    I just cant understand why you would pay 5k for a book :S i cant understand why anyone would buy it for that price. Is it any good bean? How did you get hold of it?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just cant understand why you would pay 5k for a book :S i cant understand why anyone would buy it for that price. Is it any good bean? How did you get hold of it?
    Posted by BlackFish3

It's very good, can't remember how I got hold of it :-) It's a weird format, just alot of rambling talk but it's good stuff. 

Remember to people playing $5/10 that's only 5 BI and if it could improve your game massively why not.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Was thinking of getting it from the `trademans entrance`, but I`m sure that all that stuff messed up my old pc, putting viruses on and stuff so I have to be careful.  Ive read that Ryan Fee one.  It was good from what I remember, I think I will give it another read.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited May 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    He's not one of the main guys in the program but he does appear in it
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Was thinking of getting it from the `trademans entrance`, but I`m sure that all that stuff messed up my old pc, putting viruses on and stuff so I have to be careful.  Ive read that Ryan Fee one.  It was good from what I remember, I think I will give it another read.
    Posted by OMahonyO

Be aware that downloading stuff that is priced this high might leave you vulnerable to viruses and people attacking poker players accounts etc.

In Response to Re: Expensive cash game ebooks:
    In Response to Re: Expensive cash game ebooks : He's not one of the main guys in the program but he does appear in it
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

AEJ is da nuts.