You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Get myself into a horrible situation - I think I have to fold but....

CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I have to post the first hand to set the tone of what was happening on this table...
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Shrub Sit out        
cottman Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £35.61
beaneh Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £49.48
  Your hole cards
  • K

taff1965 Fold        
CLIOKID Raise   £2.00 £2.75 £51.38
cottman Raise   £3.25 £6.00 £32.36
beaneh Fold        
CLIOKID Call   £1.50 £7.50 £49.88
Flop

cottman All-in   £32.36 £39.86 £0.00
CLIOKID Call   £32.36 £72.22 £17.52
cottman Show
  • K
  • J

CLIOKID Show
  • K

Turn

River

• J

cottman Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 8s £70.42   £70.42
This wasn't a snap call btw, was fairly new to the table but had seen enough evidence to suggest this was just a move.

Hand 2 is just horrible at every stage - I think I played it horrendously.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
taff1965 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £48.75
CLIOKID Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £49.93
  Your hole cards

cottman Call   £0.50 £1.25 £63.37
gold1953 Call   £0.50 £1.75 £44.33
taff1965 Raise   £1.25 £3.00 £47.50
CLIOKID Call   £1.00 £4.00 £48.93
cottman Raise   £2.50 £6.50 £60.87
gold1953 Fold        
taff1965 Call   £1.50 £8.00 £46.00
CLIOKID Call   £1.50 £9.50 £47.43
Flop

taff1965 Check        
CLIOKID Check        
cottman Check        
Turn

taff1965 Bet   £4.75 £14.25 £41.25
CLIOKID Call   £4.75 £19.00 £42.68
cottman All-in   £60.87 £79.87 £0.00
taff1965 All-in   £41.25 £121.12 £0.00
CLIOKID All-in   £42.68 £163.80 £0.00
cottman Unmatched bet   £13.44 £150.36 £13.44
taff1965 Show

CLIOKID Show

cottman Show
  • J
  • J

River

taff1965 Win Full House, 10s and 6s £145.74   £145.74
CLIOKID Win Three 6s £2.82   £2.82
Thought process with calling 96 o/s is as follows.

The spewer from previous hand has limped and is likely to call - if I hit big I'm likely to get paid off, the horrible limp min-raise leaves me priced in.

Flop I hit the jackpot and I check with the expectation that the villain is going to shove or put in a massive overbet like previously - to my dismay he checks behind!

Turn I'm still QUITE happy but Taff bets out and I think he is fairly solid - I should raise here but I still think there is the chance that the man I was really after in the pot is liable to do something stupid behind me and he duly does!!

But what I didn't want to see was a snap call from Taff...

I felt I had to fold but then Taff will know how light this guy will put it in and he won't be likely to fold the likes of AT or overpair to this guy?

Which leaves me in a horrible spot.

I think I made the wrong decision and I'm kinda peeved at myself.

Is this a cooler or a bad call?

I probably snookered myself trying to trap Cottman and became the trapee to Taff. I got the desired action from the fish but when the solid player stays for the ride I think I should let go.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    WantUrChipWantUrChip Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    I think its just a cooler. Its a pretty weird hand all round. I think taff could have lots of hands that you beat. example, JJ, several 10s, 10 8, worse 6s, maybe flushdraws with a  7 or 9. 
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2010
    2nd hand is awful play
    firstly you should fold pre - no excuse of im priced in - its 96o....
    second, bet the flop always 3 way - most likely cottman shoves over and taff cant call
    third, you should be raising turn for value against cottmans range and to isolate. When taff shoves over it makes your decison easier to fold as u beat nothing, hes never shoving after you show such strength with worse
    as played i think turn is still a fold altho not easy as your hand is so underrepped, depends what reads u have on taff, does he slow play OPs, has he been calling off light multiway? can he get off OPs on these kinda boards?
  • Options
    zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited May 2010
    you played it bad cause you're not used to these spots w/ 96o hitting trips multiway in a weird position postflop so you got lost and starting clicking random buttons.

which is why we fold pre ayeeeee.

plenty of time to stack a fish this is just being impatient.

you should blank out names too.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited May 2010
    i think first hand is fine. i prob snap here.

second just fold pre.  no need to get involved, and there are very, very few flops that you will hit big enough with 96o that you are happy to get stax in with.

• Options
    CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Get myself into a horrible situation - I think I have to fold but....:
    you played it bad cause you're not used to these spots w/ 96o hitting trips multiway in a weird position postflop so you got lost and starting clicking random buttons. which is why we fold pre ayeeeee. plenty of time to stack a fish this is just being impatient. you should blank out names too.
    Posted by zing
    Agreed, it was impatient.

This hand was about 4 hands after the first one posted so I was basically just trying to see a flop with the fish - which came to my expense in the end.

I still can't believe that Cottman checked the flop with the overpair though - w.t.f!!
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    durrrr done it HU with JJ overpair to the board on latest episode of high stakes poker... moral... not everyone plays abc :D
  • Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited May 2010
    is cottman my dad?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Get myself into a horrible situation - I think I have to fold but....:
    is cottman my dad?
    Posted by cottlad
    or your bf?
  • Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Get myself into a horrible situation - I think I have to fold but.... : or your bf?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Nah, that's cottagingman
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Get myself into a horrible situation - I think I have to fold but.... : Nah, that's cottagingman
    Posted by cottlad
    LOL brilliant.
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited May 2010
    2nd hand is awful play firstly you should fold pre - no excuse of im priced in - its 96o.... second, bet the flop always 3 way - most likely cottman shoves over and taff cant call third, you should be raising turn for value against cottmans range and to isolate. When taff shoves over it makes your decison easier to fold as u beat nothing, hes never shoving after you show such strength with worse as played i think turn is still a fold altho not easy as your hand is so underrepped, depends what reads u have on taff, does he slow play OPs, has he been calling off light multiway? can he get off OPs on these kinda boards?
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    +1 Cant really expand on this....except has anyone else noticed when the villan limps then reraises pre they always have a range of jj+ or AK. (quite funny as it happens alot to me on sky poker.)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Get myself into a horrible situation - I think I have to fold but.... : +1 Cant really expand on this....except has anyone else noticed when the villan limps then reraises pre they always have a range of jj+ or AK. (quite funny as it happens alot to me on sky poker.)
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    ya its a big sign of strength. Just like a check raise i guess.