You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Are you ever gonna slow down here?

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic

The hands he cud continue with on the flop, that dont improve to beat me on the turn.

If you bet, how do u continue on the turn if you are raised?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Bosshog61 Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £48.87
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £62.97
  Your hole cards
  • A

beamer1968 Call  £0.40 £1.00 £78.48
-LEON- Fold     
bigduke9 Call  £0.40 £1.40 £10.67
Bosshog61 Call  £0.20 £1.60 £48.67
DOHHHHHHH Check     
Flop

Bosshog61 Bet  £1.60 £3.20 £47.07
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.60 £6.80 £59.37
beamer1968 Fold     
bigduke9 Fold     
Bosshog61 Call  £2.00 £8.80 £45.07
Turn

Bosshog61 Check  
DOHHHHH ???

Comments

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2010
    lol no what sort of question is that?

nut flush limped pot, slow down?!!?

why don't you assign them a range of possible hands for playing pre (with your reads) and for getting to the turn like that. Then work out the best play from there, tis not hard.
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited May 2010
    nope......value,value,value.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Help me beanehhhhhhh - Im trying to learn Im not posting here to waste peoples time.

Ok flop its unraised pre and he's led out then called my raise. so he has AT least an over pair, probably a weird 2 pair out of the blinds, and unlikely a set.

so the turn, is a bad card for me????

Am I missing something super obvious here that cud make me an extra 500 quid a month????
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you ever gonna slow down here?:
    nope......value,value,value.
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    +1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Help me beanehhhhhhh - Im trying to learn Im not posting here to waste peoples time. Ok flop its unraised pre and he's led out then called my raise. so he has AT least an over pair, probably a weird 2 pair out of the blinds, and unlikely a set. so the turn, is a bad card for me???? Am I missing something super obvious here that cud make me an extra 500 quid a month????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Work out the number of combinations of hands that beat you, and the number of hands that you could get value from (so pairs, 2pairs, pair and draws, straight draw + draw, etc etc). 

Compare the two numbers and you will see how much of a mistake you are making if you don't bet and put money in again at this point.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

So i bet the turn, get raised.....

Now do the "range thing" whats he raising me with?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So i bet the turn, get raised..... Now do the "range thing" whats he raising me with?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

ok ok so now we think about the player type how likely he is to play different strength hands. Look at how many hands he could have to raise that we beat and how many hands he can raise with that beat us and the relative equities in those situations.  (we have like 75% when ahead and 0% when behind obv)

now consider how many of these possible raising hands there are compared with how many hands there were that he could continue with on the flop and you will see that the raising proportion is a very small amount therefore more often than not we will not be raised on this turn. 

therefore when we are we can be pretty sure that the guy has improved. 

how many combinations of lower flush are there etc etc?