You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bank Roll Challenge - Anyone doing one?

Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

I decided to withdraw my profits from last few months (nothing huge just low triple figure) and start from £0.00, just for a personal challenge really. It would bring me a lot of satisfaction to even make £10 from zero.

This means freerolling (yes the dreaded £20 ones, the Weds' £250 and now the Community £250 ones).

I'm up very minimally at mo, but deciding to use up all my poker points on entering the freerolls. When the points reach 0 this leaves me with my starting bankroll. Really hoping to land a top spot in the £250 to boost it up.

Anyway assuming I manage to grind say £5 into my bankroll (no wins but cashing consistently).. what do ppl advise I should play with that? 60p dyms? or go sit on a 2/4p cash table with the lot? or risk ££ on a MTT?

Also does anyone have similar experiences to share? I think this would make interesting reading.

Cheers,

Dave

Comments

• Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited June 2009
    Well i started with £5 and began with 60p DYM's, played simple ABC poker, got to a tenner and moved up, same again to £20.

Currently i'm sitting at just over £100 all down to simple poker and DYM's.

Best method i think.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited June 2009
    Hi Dave! As you know I follow the 'PokerSpinners Plan' (whatever happened to that site?) which is essentially Chris Ferguson's plan which can be found on his personal website. 

At the point of being -£200 down on Sky Poker, because I used to continually insert money just to play the big TV MTTs and then not cash, I decided to make my last deposit of £50 and employ proper bankroll management. I enter SnG only that have a buy-in within 5% of my BR, so at £50 I'm ok to enter the £2.25DYM and at £110 I'm ok to enter the £5.50DYM.

Currently on £146 (-£82 down) and playing the £5.50DYM. I had peaked at £180 recently but form/luck is up and down.

I wouldn't join any cash tables until you have at least £80 in your BR, and then only the 2p/4p tables. That way you can sit down with 100 'big blinds' £4.00 which is 5% of your BR.

Good luck Dave, see ya around :-)

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Cheers guys,

Well I assisted the mrs out on her newbie freeroll got 7th (£30) which we had agreed i can take 50% of the winnings.

Slightly grey area there,but was still a free tournament lol

So my roll is at the moment £15.88

As much as I hate to admit it, I think DYMS do protect against the variance of the cash tables. So I am going to start grinding from Monday. EEEEK!

Dave

p.s. Noseybonk, Think Steve is taking a sabbatical from poker for a while.
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2009
    dont use the money to play mtts, it only takes one outdraw or the loss of a race and you are out. I am kind of doing a bankroll challenge, i withdrew money to leave me with 300, since sunday evening ive gotten it upto just under £1,000 by playing cash games and dym stts.
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2009
    i hope to reach around £4000 by the end of august so i can finally get a car since i past my test over a year ago.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Bank Roll Challenge - Anyone doing one?:
    i hope to reach around £4000 by the end of august so i can finally get a car since i past my test over a year ago.
    Posted by hurst05
    Well done Hurst! Agreed on your MTT advice... i had turned 10 into about 130 before but needed the money lol... so trying again.

I think it's good to have an aim to save for. I am looking perhaps to get new tv.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Bank Roll Challenge - Anyone doing one?:
    I think it's good to have an aim to save for. I am looking perhaps to get new tv.
    Posted by Grimstar30

Now I can just about cover the tax disc for that F430 Scuderia I want :-)

• Options
    cabbie007cabbie007 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    Yes

Started 10th June 2009

Loaded £10 into my old Sky Poker account and currently upto £35.05 but down from yesterday from £52.04.

Anyone on facebook can follow my "Poker Bankroll Builder" quest:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=105872029488

Only playing cash NLHE 2p/4p to start multi tabling 4 tables

Bankroll Management:
    CASH - 20 buy-ins / moving up to 40 then 60
    SnG - 40 Buy-ins / moving up to 80
    MTT - 100 Buy-ins

Will be using the Sky ponits for the freerolls but they run when I'm normally busy but will try the wednesday community freeroll to which I just found out about.

Sky Poker
    £35.05
    452 points