You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Daily Winnings?

LymphocyteLymphocyte Member Posts: 7
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
Hey all was just wondering if you set a target in a day of what to win or what you usually make on average in a day?

Comments

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Daily Winnings?:
    Hey all was just wondering if you set a target in a day of what to win or what you usually make on average in a day?
    Posted by Lymphocyte
    Hi
    I think its very dangerous to set a profit limit as this opens the door to chasing any losses on any given day, thereby meaning you dont play optimal poker.
    col
  • Options
    bonniedogbonniedog Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2009

I play more hands than anyone on this site in a day and I can't predicet my win or loss amount. In one day there is a lot of luck, you can only set a target at a mininum of 100,000 hands, around then lucks evened itsself out. So lets say 50 hands per table per hour thats 2000 hours of poker (if you play one table at a time). Look at your results after 2000 hours, and try to beat it the next 2000 hours.

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Daily Winnings?:
    In Response to Daily Winnings? : Hi I think its very dangerous to set a profit limit as this opens the door to chasing any losses on any given day, thereby meaning you dont play optimal poker. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Very good advice Col
  • Options
    LymphocyteLymphocyte Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    I agree! Tbh I just play for fun and don't enter any expensive games! Also I think there would be a lot more pressure on you if you felt you needed to meet a target and you might be a lot more likely to go on tilt.
  • Options
    maccolmaccol Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2009

Also if you are playing well and running good why stop when reaching an artificially set target?