You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

HELP ME -----PLEASE HELP ME!!!

oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
edited August 2009 in Community Help & Advice
 can anyone from sky make it possible for onspeed to work on this site (secure connection prob)

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    Hey oynutter,

the poker team are just looking into this one. you should have a reply soon

thanks,

Rich
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thanks a lot rich--sky bernie phoned me about flash player launching with slow connection problems--it was often taking over ten mins to get on tables--even then i was getting silly errors like cards face down on table ect ect--anyway he recommended i get this onspeed software to speed it up but it stops working as soon as i get past the home page so is no use whatsoever in its present state--would be fantastic if the team could sort this out as i cant risk entering any tourneys over a fiver and also i will either have to leave sky or move house if i cant get over this problem---roll on download version---cheers rich
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited August 2009
    In Response to HELP ME -----PLEASE HELP ME!!!:
     can anyone from sky make it possible for onspeed to work on this site (secure connection prob)
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi Oynutter,

Although our site is not built to officially support onspeed (or similar programs), from my knowledge of how onspeed works I am not aware of any reason why it shouldn't still greatly speed up the website for you.

I'll need some more info from you first please:

Have you been told by onspeed themselves that they are not compatible with our site?
    If so what exactly have they told you is the issue?

Are any areas of the site as listed below accelerated?

Homepage
    Lobby
    Content Pages (such as the "poker tournaments" page)
    Community
    loading of cash/tournament tables
    Gameplay on the cash/tournament tables?

I'll do my best to help myself but if necessary I'll pass it on to our technical experts to review next week.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: HELP ME -----PLEASE HELP ME!!!:
    In Response to HELP ME -----PLEASE HELP ME!!! : Hi Oynutter, Although our site is not built to officially support onspeed (or similar programs), from my knowledge of how onspeed works I am not aware of any reason why it shouldn't still greatly speed up the website for you. I'll need some more info from you first please: Have you been told by onspeed themselves that they are not compatible with our site? If so what exactly have they told you is the issue? Are any areas of the site as listed below accelerated? Homepage Lobby Content Pages (such as the "poker tournaments" page) Community loading of cash/tournament tables Gameplay on the cash/tournament tables? I'll do my best to help myself but if necessary I'll pass it on to our technical experts to review next week. Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
       hi adam--cheers for help--yeh they said it wont work on secure sites--https--although i think it did work on the first day i got it (3 days ago) --it does load home page fast but thats where it stops--bernie told me it would work and said he used it himself so i pesume its possible--i think it gets blocked as soon as i enter the secure connection so is no good for launching tables (which is what bernie recommended it for--onspeed said it works on some secure sites but have yet to get back to me about sky--thanks again for prompt response--hope it can get sorted--bye for now
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited August 2009
    hi oy  nutter  heard  a  few  players  say   that  firefox  runs  a  lot  better  with this  software   on  internet  explorer   go  to  google  and  download it  may  help  u  good  luck
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hi  rich  can  u tells  when  sky  are  going  to   get  a  downloadable  version    cause  i  have  alot  of  tech  problems  look  forward to  hearing  from  u   cheers
  • Options
    Sky_mod3Sky_mod3 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2009

Hi Scrumdown,

The downloadable version is in development.

Regards
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thanks  alot  skymod3 
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hi oy  nutter  heard  a  few  players  say   that  firefox  runs  a  lot  better  with this  software   on  internet  explorer   go  to  google  and  download it  may  help  u  good  luck
    Posted by scrumdown
      hiya scrumdown--yeh i got firefox a few months ago--it did help slightly but i am only able to get a gprs connection where i live and this seems to be the main problem--tables keep on loading with errors--dosnt happen with download sites so i presume the flash player has issues with gprs or something---i am convinced my problems will be solved by the download version that is in the pipeline---thanks anyway--gl on d tables
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited August 2009
    i had a problem when i played a 5 pound sit and go and it wouldnt connect me to the game, i rang sky and they were great they looked to check i hadnt played a hand and then re imbursed my fiver, i dont know if this is there policy or they were being nice to me lol but but i was greatful. ps if it wasnt the correct decision  please dont take the fiver back lol
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i had a problem when i played a 5 pound sit and go and it wouldnt connect me to the game, i rang sky and they were great they looked to check i hadnt played a hand and then re imbursed my fiver, i dont know if this is there policy or they were being nice to me lol but but i was greatful. ps if it wasnt the correct decision  please dont take the fiver back lol
    Posted by loonytoons
      hiya loonytoons--yeh they did do the same for me a few times when my connection was even worse--but it happened so many times they gave up on me-lol--i cantt even enter dym's anymore because it takes so long--only play deep stacks now because missing the first ten minutes dos'nt matter so much--thanks anyway--gl at d tables