You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

CHAT - During games...

slice247slice247 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2009 in Community Suggestions
I know SkyPoker has chat.. but its pretty poor to be frank. There are other sites out there that do not incorporate chat into the Game Summary, the chat just simply pops up in a bubble over the user on the table. This adds to building up friends, judging how an opponent is going to play based on his character and what he says, etc... I find that because Chat is incoporated into Game Summary it is not very good because no one takes any notice! Please can a mod/employee let me know if you plan to have "Bubble" chat in the future? Where anything you type pops up over your name?

Thanks
slice247

Comments

• Options
    -v--v- Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2009

bubble chat is the most annoying thing ever. thank god this site has chat hidden away so you have the option

• Options
    RESTORMELRESTORMEL Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2009

Any chance of configuring the software to show chat in the mini view?  Or if it can be done, can someone tell me how?

Cheers

Restormel

• Options
    slice247slice247 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2009
    Are you serious? nh, vnh, ty, etc etc etc! if you get idiots they get their bubble chat removed! you gotta speak with your opponents for it to feel like a more "real" experience. I'm even considering switching from SkyPoker because of this
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    hey,

Thanks for your suggestion. i will pass this on to the poker guys to take look at.

as far as customer suggestions go - in the next few weeks we will update everyone via the forum as to what developments are in the pipeline/ due for release. this way everyone should be able to see if their suggestions will be 'coming to life'

all the best.

Rich
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    what you can do is select that you only receive chat in your in-game window. this way you wont miss what anyone is saying.

to do this just change the drop down from 'full detail' to 'chat only'

any problems - give me a shout

all the best,

Rich

• Options
    IrishWOLFIrishWOLF Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2009
    Also i think it would be an idea to ban chat when a player is all in ..

I.E  3 of a kind out and some1 not in the hand says that they folded it..  unfair advantage to other player,,  happened me on another site ..  not here ..

Lee,,
  • Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: CHAT - During games...:
    Also i think it would be an idea to ban chat when a player is all in .. I.E  3 of a kind out and some1 not in the hand says that they folded it..  unfair advantage to other player,,  happened me on another site ..  not here .. Lee,,
    Posted by IrishWOLF
    Very good point Irish
    Had the same the other day, etiquet is that you do not announce till the hand is over
    Unfortunately not all the people in the chat box follow this
    Gary
  • Options
    VEE_KNUTZVEE_KNUTZ Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2009
    I love chatting, stops me going to sleep when you have slow players.

Bubble chat sounds brilliant, so long as you can choose not to see it.

Only trouble with chat is that I tend to be kind to nice people I am chatting with and don't go for the killer blow.