You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mark All Read not working on Safari

NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
edited September 2009 in Community Help & Advice
Appears to be a bit of a bug..  the Mark All Read functions appear to have absolutely no effect in Safari 4 for Windows.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Actually it seems rather hit & miss in IE too - sometimes working, sometimes doing nothing.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    Hey Noesy,

i'm aware of this issue and it's being looked into. hopefully i'll have an update for you soon.

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    this should be working ok now. make sure the page is 100% loaded by looking for 'done' in the bottom left corner of your screen.

let me know how you get on.

Rich
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009

could someone tell me what the mark read button is for as i do not no the meaning dt
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Mark All Read not working on Safari:
    this should be working ok now. make sure the page is 100% loaded by looking for 'done' in the bottom left corner of your screen. let me know how you get on. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi mate,

I tried it in this forum and it worked straight away.

I then went into some of the others (eg, General Poker Chat & the TV one) and it has no effect.

• Options
    edited September 2009
    you have to make sure the page has 100% loaded or it will have no effect. the best place to use it is when you are in an actual thread. click on the 'mark all read' then go back out to the list of all threads and you should see the stars have disappeared. give it another shot and let me know.

if we're still having problems i'll go back to the 'nerds' and hopefully get it working soon.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
       could someone tell me what the mark read button is for as i do not no the meaning dt
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    this button makes all the posts appear as if you have read them, thus making the gold stars (unread post indicators) disappear

hope that clears everything up for you
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    you have to make sure the page has 100% loaded or it will have no effect. the best place to use it is when you are in an actual thread. click on the 'mark all read' then go back out to the list of all threads and you should see the stars have disappeared. give it another shot and let me know. if we're still having problems i'll go back to the 'nerds' and hopefully get it working soon.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Yeah I know about the page load thing, but I'm afraid it still doesn't work (using the 'in thread' MAR doesn't have any effect either). I've tested it using three different browsers across two different machines.
    Sorry but I think it's back to the nerds (I used to be one of them lol).

*edit - strange that it did work ONCE in this forum but then never again anywhere (?) Probably worth passing that on for debugging purposes. Every little helps.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    thanks Nosey.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Does it work properly for you Rich?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yes oddly it does. i'm using firefox and it works fine. one of my colleges tried it on ie and that worked fine too. i'll take this further though and see what the problem might be.