You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Limit cash

chaperchaper Member Posts: 20
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
does anyone play

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    I believe Doyle Brunson is very good at it.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    Mr . Giddins is rather keen on it.
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited September 2009
    Personally, I find playing Limit Hold'em about as thrilling as a repeat of Last of the Summer Wine. *

However, some games lend themselves well to a fixed limit betting structure.  In my humble opinion, the best three are Seven-Card Stud, Stud 8 and Omaha 8.

(* Sorry, Tikay - I know it's your favourite show...)
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Limit cash:
    Personally, I find playing Limit Hold'em about as thrilling as a repeat of Last of the Summer Wine. * However, some games lend themselves well to a fixed limit betting structure.  In my humble opinion, the best three are Seven-Card Stud, Stud 8 and Omaha 8. (* Sorry, Tikay - I know it's your favourite show...)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Can you expand on this when you have more time? I'm particularly interested why you include Omaha 8 but not Omaha.
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited September 2009
    It's a matter of personal preference, but I find Omaha (High) is a dull grind when played fixed limit.  Action junkies (i.e. borderline degenerates) prefer the buzz of a pot limit table!

In Omaha 8, the Hi/Lo element brings enough excitement to the proceedings that I don't mind the fixed betting structure - but I still prefer the pot limit version of the game :-)