You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

reward for getting to the final table in multi table tournaments

alsacesalsaces Member Posts: 2
edited September 2009 in Community Suggestions
I haven't been playing for long but I have found these tornaments very exciting and have actually won money in 3 out of the 9 played so far.

However, in several I have played in and watched, the prize money only goes down to 5th place, even though there are as many as 40 players that started.

One example recently paid the first five places like this:

1st: £18.40 2nd: £11.50 3rd: £6.90  4th: £5.06 5th: £4.14

Wouldn't it be better to reward the 6th place at the final table ? After all, it is an achievement to reach the final table and then to receive nothing for coming 6th is unfair. With the above example, the rewards could have been thus:

1st: £18 2nd: £11 3rd: £6 4th: £5  5th: £4 6th £2

Isnt that a fairer system ?

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited September 2009
    I think the system sky use is the same as most sites for mtt i believe it is
    1-5 players       1st only
    6-9 players       1st and 2nd
    10-29 players   1st -3rd
    30-49 players    1st-5th
    50-69 players    1st-8th
    70-99 players    1st-10th
    100-199 players 1st-20th
    200 plus players 10% of payers paid for every 100 entrants
  • Options
    alsacesalsaces Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2009
    Ok, looneytoons...........that sounds like its accurate.

However, my point is about how fair that is. Surely the leap to paying for 8 places when the numbers go from 49 to 50 is not in proportion.

There is plenty of scope for the prizes to be allocated down to 6th place, thereby allowing all the final table players to get paid.

I am going to put this around to fellow competitors and see what the general opinion is.

Anyone care to add to this post ?
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    on tilt... a 90 man STT (which is really a Mtt with fixed entrants) pays out to top 18. I like that.