You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Apology

darichdarich Member Posts: 969
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi People,

My first post on here, so be gentle with me!

I've got a decent ROI record on sky, but before my game can improve to the next level, I need to stop going on tilt when I lose a hand. Most people seem to say that the more you play, the easier it gets, but a couple of years down the line and I'm still as bad. So are there any tips to stop doing this? And I also want to apologise to anyone I've offended by absuing the chat facility - it's not big and it's not clever - but how long does it take to get to the stage where you can smile and say "that's poker?"

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited September 2009

Hi darich,

Welcome to the Forum.

Easy. Just don't do it!

It's not difficult, it's just self-control. If you go off on one in chatboxes, you will tilt money off too.

Just shrug your shoulders & move on. It's just a game.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hi Tikay,

Thanks for replying.

I definitely treat poker too seriously. Going to make a concerted effort to lighten up and take it on the chin. Looking forward to the new changes on 865 that are obviously afoot. Have the venues for the live tour been announced anywhere yet? When are they going to be, if not. Quite fancy trying out the live game soon, have been playing online for 2 and a bit years now.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Apology:
    Hi Tikay, Thanks for replying. I definitely treat poker too seriously. Going to make a concerted effort to lighten up and take it on the chin. Looking forward to the new changes on 865 that are obviously afoot. Have the venues for the live tour been announced anywhere yet? When are they going to be, if not. Quite fancy trying out the live game soon, have been playing online for 2 and a bit years now.
    Posted by darich
    Yes, just try lightening up darich, it's just a game. And why do we play "games".....? Correct, to have a little fun. And getting all het up is never fun.

The Tour Dates have not been announced, no. We had another Meeting about it today, & all is coming along nicely. Assuming there is something to come along. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok thanks.

I'll keep a look out