You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

tips for cash table

webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
hello guys i have just played on a cash table which is something i never ever do but with the winnings from the £10 i went to the table with £75 and managed to win a few hands, but was getting a bit confused as to how people were playing so differently,to tell you the truth i won a couple of hundred pound but i wont be playing cash again as its just too unpredictable and i cant afford to call people like i did when they are making crazy plays. this is the hand, but i want to know if this is the normal play for cash tables at this level or if i just came across a table that was a bit drunk maybe?? And would everyone else have called the way i did and was my raise big enough in the first place? Also the bet of £10 after the turn was hoping for a re raise of around 30 then i go all in and he hopefully fold?? but he went all in and i instantly called because the guy raised me 32 times big blind a few hands before so i didnt give him much respect for the play in all honesty, not saying nothing bad about his game just at this moment i felt i had his number

thanks webby

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gazscoop Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £136.80
mastahead Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £382.66
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

galloway06 Raise  £2.00 £3.50 £38.00
Nosebleed_ Fold     
webby234 Raise  £12.00 £15.50 £135.40
pieguy Call  £12.00 £27.50 £100.88
gazscoop Fold     
mastahead Fold     
galloway06 All-in  £38.00 £65.50 £0.00
webby234 Call  £28.00 £93.50 £107.40
pieguy Call  £28.00 £121.50 £72.88
Flop

webby234 Bet  £10.00 £131.50 £97.40
pieguy All-in  £72.88 £204.38 £0.00
webby234 Call  £62.88 £267.26 £34.52
Turn

River

galloway06 Show
  • A
  • K

webby234 Show
  • J
  • J

pieguy Muck

webby234 Win Pair of Jacks £265.46  £299.98

Comments

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    So you rarely play cash yet you jump into the 100nl game???

Cash has more of a skill elemant to tournies, as you can create an image and reload/follow people round/if someone bad beats you just reload and use your reads etc.  It takes a while to get used, especially from a tournie perspective where a lot of the time the blinds/position/stack dictate your play.

I would suggest you play at 10nl next time.  Get used to the cash tables, start making more moves etc and after a while you will love it.

BTW I recognise all the players that you were sat with and you definalty stacked the value on the table :)

NH sir and I suggest that you use that 200£ or so win to try and build a cash roll at a more appropriate blind level :)
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: tips for cash table:
    So you rarely play cash yet you jump into the 100nl game??? Cash has more of a skill elemant to tournies, as you can create an image and reload/follow people round/if someone bad beats you just reload and use your reads etc.  It takes a while to get used, especially from a tournie perspective where a lot of the time the blinds/position/stack dictate your play. I would suggest you play at 10nl next time.  Get used to the cash tables, start making more moves etc and after a while you will love it. BTW I recognise all the players that you were sat with and you definalty stacked the value on the table :) NH sir and I suggest that you use that 200£ or so win to try and build a cash roll at a more appropriate blind level :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Agreed Scotty I am building a roll over on FTilt micro cash stakes, finally got my roll big enough to move up to the next level. I hope to continue doing so, probably until i get to NL 50. Seems a good reasonable level to aim for.

I much prefer cash games, more play on the streets and to me it is more skillfull. Your thoughts?

Dave
  • Options
    JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited October 2009
    Hi webby nice one on the win there but a small picky point about bet sizing after the flop there was a £121 in the pot and you only bet £10 you need to bet more to protect you're hand in fact the way the hand played out pre i would shove the flop with you're whole stack of £70 most of the time you will be ahead doesn't matter if they don't call with a worse hand you still win a nice pot.Also scotty77 post has some good advice in it.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    thanks for the help guys, the bet of £10 may as well have been £1 because i knew he was re raising and at that moment i got what i want, i think it is too steep for me in all honesty and if i do play cash again it will be on lower stakes so that i can get a feel for the cash situation.

thanks for the tips lads

webby
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    thanks for the help guys, the bet of £10 may as well have been £1 because i knew he was re raising and at that moment i got what i want, i think it is too steep for me in all honesty and if i do play cash again it will be on lower stakes so that i can get a feel for the cash situation. thanks for the tips lads webby
    Posted by webby234
    GL mate :)
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    thanks for the help guys, the bet of £10 may as well have been £1 because i knew he was re raising and at that moment i got what i want, i think it is too steep for me in all honesty and if i do play cash again it will be on lower stakes so that i can get a feel for the cash situation. thanks for the tips lads webby
    Posted by webby234
     All bankroll management is important, but i feel MOST importantly on cash. In a tournament you now what you have put in, and from there you are playing with chips. In cash obviously you are putting real money on the table, so if you are playing at a level where raises can "scare"you then you are atthe wrong level... Im not saying you should play at a level where losing your stack means nothing, yes is should hurt abit, or else how will you learn from it. But if you are being scared off pots, then you will make bad decisions and lose money. Cash is about being the raiser and putting your opponent up against a wall, So you need to feel comfortable to be able to do this