You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Growing Pains.

Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
As everyone has noticed Sky is suffering a few issues that many are being effected by.

I can't comment on whether refunds should be given to players but I trust Sky to resolve that issue in an equitable way.

We all have two choices. 1) to abandon this unique growing site or 2) Stick with Sky until things are resolved (if that means taking a break and playing elsewhere then that is your choice as a consumer). I think things will be learned from the past few days and hope Sky will be pro-active rather than re-active in the future.

Personally I am going to stick with Sky, wait until the issues are resolved and then get back into playing. Until then I am going to enjoy the Community and learn some strategy advice etc...

See you at the tables, when our growing pains are sorted and we continue to get great together :)

p.s. SUKPT is coming soon, can't wait! (don't get that via other sites ;))

Comments

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    As i have said i will be more than happy 2 play on here again once it has all been resolved which i and many others hope is very soon
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    Ditto... I have "Grown Up" with sky as this was the first site i properly started playing on. They have treated my very well, both backroom staff and presenters on different occasions and because of that i feel sky is my home for poker. I will try and play cash games each evening, i they are slow then i will not play, but will keep trying until its back to normal. Hope this can get sorted, before the new players become old players!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Great to hear guys :)

Let's focus on the long term positives rather than short term hiccups.

I just hope we don't lose the new recruits!
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    I will also continue to play as much as possible until the problem is sorted.
    I don't intend leaving the site. If I can't play I will still have a look at the forum a couple of times a day to see what is going on.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Growing Pains.:
    I will also continue to play as much as possible until the problem is sorted. I don't intend leaving the site. If I can't play I will still have a look at the forum a couple of times a day to see what is going on.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Great to hear, similar to what I am doing at the moment.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    I don't intend on leaving, I have been on Sky from the very start and have always been happy by the CS offered.  Sky has always had niggly technical problems, and I'm willing to accept that as part of a growing site.

What I do not like is Sky's reaction to the issue over the past few days.  Not admitting it is their fault and trying to pass the buck.  It is an insulting attitude, and perhaps a consequence of the sites success where a more PR orientated mindset is now deemed appropriate.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    Hi guys,

i'm really sorry the last few days have been so frustrating for everyone. the poker team will provide an update later on today.

thanks again for being understanding.

Rich
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2009
    DIDNT PLAY LAST NIGHT BUT WAS ON COMUNITY FOR A WHILE. I THINK THE MAIN REASON FOR ANNOYANCE WAS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NOT THE TECHNICAL PROBLEMS IF THE WHOLE SIGHT IS RUNNING SLOW SIMPLY ADMITTING IT AND APPOLOGISING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN TRYING TO BLAME PLAYERS SOFTWARE,SYSTEMS EXCETRA.
  • Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited October 2009
    I was one of the people who yesterday was so fed up with it all that i said on another thread i was leavin sky and going to play elsewhere...however now that i have calmed down lol i dont intend to leave as i absolutly love playing here, in my opinion skypoker is head and shoulders above other sites, its just a shame whats been happening these past few nights...hopefully everything gets sorted soon....yesterday i de-registered from the 10k bounty tonight and the 15k primo friday but i will be checking the tables tonight after 7pm (which has been the time the past few nights the problems seem to be occuring-probably because of the scrubbers in the freerolls lol) and if everything is workin good ill be playin again tonight...COME ON SKY GET IT SORTED!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I was one of the people who yesterday was so fed up with it all that i said on another thread i was leavin sky and going to play elsewhere...however now that i have calmed down lol i dont intend to leave as i absolutly love playing here, in my opinion skypoker is head and shoulders above other sites, its just a shame whats been happening these past few nights...hopefully everything gets sorted soon....yesterday i de-registered from the 10k bounty tonight and the 15k primo friday but i will be checking the tables tonight after 7pm (which has been the time the past few nights the problems seem to be occuring-probably because of the scrubbers in the freerolls lol) and if everything is workin good ill be playin again tonight...COME ON SKY GET IT SORTED!
    Posted by Eagle26
    Glad you reconsidered mate. chilling out always sorts things. Deep down we all know Sky rocks in terms of its spirit :)
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Growing Pains. : Glad you reconsidered mate. chilling out always sorts things. Deep down we all know Sky rocks in terms of its spirit :)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Fair point grimstar.... i just think everyone got frustrated that there was no real acknowledgement about what was going on.... just seemed slightly unprofessional....illl give it one more go and do the 10kr tonight... and see what happens.... if i dont win then im def closing my account;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Growing Pains. : Fair point grimstar.... i just think everyone got frustrated that there was no real acknowledgement about what was going on.... just seemed slightly unprofessional....illl give it one more go and do the 10kr tonight... and see what happens.... if i dont win then im def closing my account;-)
    Posted by jimbo31
    good luck tonight mate :)
  • Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited October 2009
    u may as well pack your bags now jimbo ;-) ..... u playin in the deepstack?
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Growing Pains. : Fair point grimstar.... i just think everyone got frustrated that there was no real acknowledgement about what was going on.... just seemed slightly unprofessional....ill give it one more go and do the 10kr tonight... and see what happens.... if i dont win then im def closing my account;-)
    Posted by jimbo31

hi Jimbo,

really sorry if you feel there was a lack of communication. the poker team wanted to be 100% sure they had identified exactly where the problem was and that is was completely resolved before making the 'official announcement'.

this will be made as soon as we are certain everything is running as it should be.

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Growing Pains. : hi Jimbo, really sorry if you feel there was a lack of communication. the poker team wanted to be 100% sure they had identified exactly where the problem was and that is was completely resolved before making the 'official announcement'. this will be made as soon as we are certain everything is running as it should be. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    ok rich.. i know ur one whose working his wot si ts off to keep it ticking over....cheers for ur response ;-)