You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Foul language

pokerfac23pokerfac23 Member Posts: 7
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
I've just played a game against a foul mouthed rude individual. Personally calling me all the names under the sun. Is there somewhere that these people can be reported and their comments shown so that they can be banned. This is a friendly place to play poker and it should be kept that way. Any suggestions or ideas on how to manage these spoil sports ? Very tempted to name this person, please let me know if you think I should.

Comments

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2009
    It all depends on the situation.  If you sucked out on him with 3 outs or less, I`m pretty sure this is legal
  • Options
    Sky_LingSky_Ling Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2009

Hi Pokerfac23,

I'm sorry that you encountered this problem. Please forward the game id to customer support explaining the situation and i'm sure that they will take the appropriate action.

Regards

Ax

• Options
    pokerfac23pokerfac23 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Foul language:
    It all depends on the situation.  If you sucked out on him with 3 outs or less, I`m pretty sure this is legal
    Posted by OMahonyO
    The individual had a system error for a very short while,possibly 2 hands. Right from the get go they used very strong language, started being rude about sky and the female presenters. Had said that they were going to leave sky. By this point there musrt have been 10 or more foul messages ( couldn't help myself and said "good"). From that point on they got really personal.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009

If you read the forum rules you are not allowed to name individuals although i believe we all do it in jest or if we know them etc, i think this is to cover sky from libel allegations , you can name the individual but it may or may not be removed by the sky moderators. My advice is to inform sky of this individual and insist on a reply as to what action is taken about the problem. You dont have to take insults from anybody but you can always give them my name and they can sl ag me off instead because i dont give a da mn lol 

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    Posted by OMahonyO
    what do you mean legal??? what about morals??? personally i dont care, they can say what they like to me , however some people dont and shouldnt have to read that rubbish, and dont say hide chat, why should the morrally decent players have to go underground because of the ignorant few??
  • Options
    JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited October 2009
    IGROn Response to Foul language:
    I've just played a game against a foul mouthed rude individual. Personally calling me all the names under the sun. Is there somewhere that these people can be reported and their comments shown so that they can be banned. This is a friendly place to play poker and it should be kept that way. Any suggestions or ideas on how to manage these spoil sports ? Very tempted to name this person, please let me know if you think I should.
    Posted by pokerfac23
    GROW UP AND TAKE YOUR ABUSE,U SOUND LIKE A BAD PLAYER TO ME,
  • Options
    JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited October 2009
    Hi Pokerfac23, I'm sorry that you encountered this problem. Please forward the game id to customer support explaining the situation and i'm sure that they will take the appropriate action. Regards Ax
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    YEAH PROB THE WRONG ACTION
  • Options
    maccolmaccol Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Foul language : what do you mean legal??? what about morals??? personally i dont care, they can say what they like to me , however some people dont and shouldnt have to read that rubbish, and dont say hide chat, why should the morrally decent players have to go underground because of the ignorant few??
    Posted by loonytoons
    Wooooosh
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    Posted by OMahonyO
    +1
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Foul language : The individual had a system error for a very short while,possibly 2 hands. Right from the get go they used very strong language, started being rude about sky and the female presenters. Had said that they were going to leave sky. By this point there musrt have been 10 or more foul messages ( couldn't help myself and said "good"). From that point on they got really personal.
    Posted by pokerfac23
    Hi Pokerfac,
    You should never have to put up with ANY kind of abuse on this site.
    My advice is, as soon as someone is getting abusive contact customer services straight away(dont wait).
    If that happened live, the card room manager would be called and it would normally resolved there and then.
    Sky pride themselves on the community feel to the site and WILL react quickly in these cases.
    I also think that we SHOULD name and shame these people.

col
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    hi there guys,

everyone that has given the response of 'contact customer care' is completely correct. please report all instances of table abuse to the customer care team which they will investigate and take the appropriate action.

to get in touch please click here

i'm afraid if any players are named in posts they will be deleted.

thanks,

Rich