You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ideas on how to increase the numbers for £22 Deepstack?

tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

Just wondering why the number's seem to be dropping in the £22 Deepstack these days, has anybody got any thoughts? I believe it the best structured tournament on the site but the number of people playing is gradually falling.
Could it be that the cost is to high? Or is it that it finishes to late for most people?
One suggestion made was to have it televised and see if it can generate some interest although with the 2k Deepstack on a Sunday that may be difficult. It would be nice to hear people's idea's or thoughts on the matter.

Comments

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Ideas on how to increase the numbers for £22 Deepstack?:
    Just wondering why the number's seem to be dropping in the £22 Deepstack these days, has anybody got any thoughts? I believe it the best structured tournament on the site but the number of people playing is gradually falling. Could it be that the cost is to high? Or is it that it finishes to late for most people? One suggestion made was to have it televised and see if it can generate some interest although with the 2k Deepstack on a Sunday that may be difficult. It would be nice to hear people's idea's or thoughts on the matter.
    Posted by tallboy
    make it 20p then i will plaY,,,in all honesty i think as they do 3.30  5.50 and 11.00 deepstacks i think it has affected the numbers in the 22.00

hope u n lady r good m8
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Hi tallboy

One possibility, if sky were to advertise it on the homepage may help, Ill see if I can start a Thread to advertise it, the possibility of a sat into it?, if I remember it is a 10 seater, sky unfortunately cannot screen 10 seaters at the moment.

If I were to start a thread I would need how many players we normally get, and what the payout is like to attempt to drum up support.

Just a few ideas to throw into the mix :)
  • Options
    PiAnOpLaYaPiAnOpLaYa Member Posts: 554
    edited September 2009
    its a 6 seater so they could screen it
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Buy in is too high for 'casual' players.

The core runners are amoung the better players on the site plus I don't think that the prize pools justify the time investment.

To get more regular runners you need players who can also commit 3/4 hours.  On the forum deepies (when I used to play them), which were advertised on the main site quite heavily, I remember quite a few people complaining in the chat box about how long they were taking.  If you Sky was to market these tournie more then I think Sky would also need to do more to make people aware of the structure.  I realise that to us poker degens deepstack seems a basic term but to casual players it might not mean much.

I think that the core players in those tournies tho can be increased by:
    • Sky making the £22 deepie league official and making a 'deepstack' section
    • Sky showing a few hands from the final table
    • Maybe making a weekly deepstack rundown show, similar to the club, with hand reviews/league place news/phone ins from regulars like yourself.
    Realistically tho the £22 deepie is gonna be a 'fringe' tournie and I can't see Sky investing much promoting a tournie which max generates them £50 in fees/night.  Also the deepie encourages 'proper' poker and to be honest thats not what Sky wants.  They migth claim that, and of course the analysts will always go on about the better standard of the site etc but if they really wanted that then do you think that Sky would be promoting the 'Bounty Hunter' tournies so much and the LOLworthy Russian Roulettes.

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited September 2009
    How about starting it at 9pm. Reducing the starting stack to 3000 with 10 minute blinds.
    Then televising it and renaming it something catchy like 'The Open' for example?
    They seem quite popular here or is this just me being cynical?

Sorry, just kiddin, I never have time for deepies and rarely play during the evenings. Like most casual players I just like a quick fix now and again. A 10pm deep stack is always gonna struggle regardless of buy in.
  • Options
    MRDICKIEMRDICKIE Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2009
    £2.20 10 handed 2 min blind sats.
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Ideas on how to increase the numbers for £22 Deepstack?:
    £2.20 10 handed 2 min blind sats.
    Posted by MRDICKIE
    NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO
  • Options
    sofadudesofadude Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2009
    I think the main trouble is that you can play the evenings main events for the same price as playing the £22 deepie but with a much higher prize pool....althouhg you have to beat a a much larger field to win anything. The £22 deepie does have the best format imo with the full final table getting paid however many play but that does ultimately reduce the 1st place prize and lets face it that's what we're all after. I've played the tournie quite a few times and love it....real poker!! The cheaper deepies seem to attract approx 100 players with the £22 attacting approx 20. I would imagine this is probably around the same difference in other games based on buy in?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hi tallboy One possibility, if sky were to advertise it on the homepage may help, Ill see if I can start a Thread to advertise it, the possibility of a sat into it?, if I remember it is a 10 seater, sky unfortunately cannot screen 10 seaters at the moment. If I were to start a thread I would need how many players we normally get, and what the payout is like to attempt to drum up support. Just a few ideas to throw into the mix :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Its 6 seater Barry and they have sat into it as well. But if you could start a thread to promote it it may help. The main reason maybe is what Kev said that we have 2 Deepstacks starting within half an hour of each other. Both very good tournaments but the £22 might be putting players off playing.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
     I don't think that the prize pools justify the time investment.

Have to agree with you Scotty the prize pool wont justify the investment for most people.
  • Options
    chipeeeeechipeeeee Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2009
    everything scotty77 says is right, sky don't want 'proper poker' they make more money from 'russian roulette' or '1 min roulette' tournaments aswell as the open and bounty hunter tounaments where iv caught glimpses of final tables where the average stack is 5 bb's. this is where the money is for sky so thats what they will promote
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Hi

Im sorry, but that is a bit harsh, Sky Poker advertise all of thier games on tv, tikay does the SNG,s whilst Richard does the MTT,s from Bounty Hunter throught to Deepstacks they dont specify the amounts, but still advertise them.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    I, and many other players believe the 22 ds is the best standard/structure of tournament on the site!

Therefor I think sky should show it some backing and show highlights of the tournament/final table on a pre-recorded show. I believe sky is now going to only 3 lives shows a week!!! thats 4 spare days to show pre-recorded tournaments!!

Back the deepstacks!! They promote "proper poker" and will stop people laughing at sky with their 7 minute blind flagship tournaments!!!!
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited October 2009
    The £22 deepstack is my favourite tournement.  I'm not sure what can be done to attract more players though.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2009
    I THINK THEY DO NEED A SATALLITE BUT UNDERSTAND KEVS NO NO NO REACTION TO A CHEAP QUICK BLIND FORMAT FOR THEM. HOW ABOUT A £5 BUY IN. I IN FIVE QUALIFY SATTALITE THE DAY BEFORE WITH THE SAME 5K STARTING STACK AND BLINDS FORMAT. THIS WOULD GET THE NUMBERS UP AND HOPEFULLY PROTECT THE QUALITY OF PLAY 
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    I, and many other players believe the 22 ds is the best standard/structure of tournament on the site!  Therefor I think sky should show it some backing and show highlights of the tournament/final table on a pre-recorded show. I believe sky is now going to only 3 lives shows a week!!! thats 4 spare days to show pre-recorded tournaments!!    Back the deepstacks!! They promote "proper poker" and will stop people laughing at sky with their 7 minute blind flagship tournaments!!!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    well said FLASH the best game by a country mile is the deepies,but why oh why sky is there so many BOUNTY HUNTERS and what the ..............has happened to the flagship FIVE OO