You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

wsoSp - World Series Of Sky Poker

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited June 2009 in Community Suggestions
The wsoSp - World Series Of SKY Poker!!
 I had this idea today and thought i would share it with you all, I think it will be very popular!! This is how i see it laid out, feel free to pick and change bits to suit other peoples opinions. :-
 10 - 15 Tournaments either weekly or every other day
 £10 + £1 + £1 (£12) buyins (£10 for prizepool, £1 to final standings prizes and £1 Sky reg. fee)
 Points given to places finished in tournaments i.e 21 points for 1st, 20 for 2nd etc etc, to 2 points for 20th then 1 point for everyone else who did not cash.
 Either same tournament or mixture of tournaments each time i.e 2x Reg 2x Speed 2x BH 2x Deepstack 2x rebuy (if software allows it).
I would expect more than 100 players each time if its advertised, therefor 100 runners x 10 tounaments a £1 going into final prizepool there will be over £1000 prizes for final standings.
 Let me know what you all think of this idea, both players and staff please!!
 Cheers Flashflush

Comments

• Options
    mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited June 2009
    its a nice idea charles, i would like 2 c it go ahead 4 definate
  • Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    I give this idea my full support!!

I think the points thing should go towards the wsoSp Player of the Year race, just like the normal World Series. May I suggest that this doesn't get implemented untill rebuys AND Omaha are introduced to the system because that really would make it a diverse series?

Also, buy-ins should vary IMO. We should literally have a couple of £1 tournaments that has crapshoot structures which gets hundreds of runners, and then we should have £20 buy-in events where the more advanced players can play in the better structured games.

Great shout though, Charlie!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the support guys!!, how bout everyone else? do you like the idea, and also the staff... do you think this will be possible? i remember you doing a similar thing for the olympics so cant see why not!
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2009
    Sounds good matey. I'll play.
  • Options
    TJ_EclipseTJ_Eclipse Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2009
    Love the idea as flashflush, i'd get involved.

if Omaha was to b added, n so was Omaha HI-LOW, someone will ave to teach me the hi-low side!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Just had an email through from PKR with basicly the same idea i suggested, i have deposited $200 just to play in their series, i imagine people would do the same on sky!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    just playing the 1st leg of PKR's super series (similar to my suggestion) and it had 660 runners!!! hows how much interest it builds