You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THE FIVEOO THURSDAY 25th JUNE WITH RICH AND TIKAY

Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
edited June 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
Hi all,

Make sure you catch Richard Orford and Tony 'Tikay' Kendall at 9pm on Sky Poker Channel 865 and live web stream from
www.skypoker.com.

Thursday is The FiveOO in conjunction with Sky Sports Xtra. Joining them in the studio and playing in the Sports Star Challenge is athlete Chris Tomlinson.

Follow the show and follow this thread as we will be reading out all your comments and good wishes.

Also if you are playing in the tournament you can request to be a flagged player and we will endevour to show some of your hands.

Enjoy and good luck at the tables,

Andy

Comments

• Options
    S1DEWINDERS1DEWINDER Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2009
    In Response to THE FIVEOO THURSDAY 26th JUNE WITH RICH AND TIKAY:
    Hi all, Make sure you catch Richard Orford and Tony 'Tikay' Kendall at 9pm on Sky Poker Channel 865 and live web stream from www.skypoker.com . Tonight it's The FiveOO in conjunction with Sky Sports Xtra . Joining them in the studio and playing in the Sports Star Challenge is athlete Chris Tomlinson . Follow the show and follow this thread as we will be reading out all your comments and good wishes. Also if you are playing in the tournament you can request to be a flagged player and we will endevour to show some of your hands. Enjoy and good luck at the tables, Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Thursday 26th?

I'm assuming thats the 25th?
  • Options
    mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited June 2009
    and i think its on tomorrow , not tonight :)
  • Options
    Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO THURSDAY 26th JUNE WITH RICH AND TIKAY:
    and i think its on tomorrow , not tonight :)
    Posted by mike1975
    Yes it's on tomorrow night which is the 25th. My mistake
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited June 2009
    Hi all,

We're going live on Chanel 865, and on the website stream in less than an hour- if you have anything you want read out on the show tonight- email on skyopen@bskyb.com, text on 84846 or, even easier, post a message on here- we'll be checking this thread throughout the night.

Cheers and if you're playing the Five00- good luck!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited June 2009

Feel free to send e-Mails in criticising Orford's dress-sense.
  • Options
    S1DEWINDERS1DEWINDER Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO THURSDAY 25th JUNE WITH RICH AND TIKAY:
    Hi all, We're going live on Chanel 865, and on the website stream in less than an hour- if you have anything you want read out on the show tonight- email on skyopen@bskyb.com, text on 84846 or, even easier, post a message on here- we'll be checking this thread throughout the night. Cheers and if you're playing the Five00- good luck!
    Posted by RichOrford
    One question Rich, why in your avatar does it look like you have a black eye?
  • Options
    dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited June 2009
    Hi all, We're going live on Chanel 865, and on the website stream in less than an hour- if you have anything you want read out on the show tonight- email on skyopen@bskyb.com, text on 84846 or, even easier, post a message on here- we'll be checking this thread throughout the night. Cheers and if you're playing the Five00- good luck!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Is that a new fragrance Rich?

One serious question - how can Tikay actually get away with wearing a red jacket? Anyone else would look like a circus ring master but it actually looks alright on him!

I wonder what fashion disasters/wonders* we experience/endure* tonight from the Trinny and Susannah of Sky Poker :)

(* delete as appropriate)
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2009
    Tikay's red jacket is a memento from his time as a red coat in the 1700's ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Just to be serious for a mo, I was touched, as was Rich, by all the nice feedback about Monday's show, where we did mess about a bit.

Well tonight, from 10pm, we Simulcast on Sky Sports, so we have to behave, sigh.

Still, there's still the 9pm-10pm zone......
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Just to be serious for a mo, I was touched, as was Rich, by all the nice feedback about Monday's show, where we did mess about a bit. Well tonight, from 10pm, we Simulcast on Sky Sports, so we have to behave, sigh. Still, there's still the 9pm-10pm zone......
    Posted by Tikay10
    No one watches Sky Sports anyway so go for it! Setanta for the win! Oh wait a second.......
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2009
    The big question for tonight.........

Where's the red jacket?????????
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The big question for tonight......... Where's the red jacket?????????
    Posted by phil12uk
    I think Billy Smarts is in town tonight so it was needed elsewhere!
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited June 2009
    Have a good time in Vegas TK.... Hopefully our players will cash.

Nice to see you in colourful clothing rather than what David Cameron is wearing by you... oh sorry, I mean RICH!

Great show as usual guys,

Dave

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Wooop! Got a shout out, I can die a happy man now :)
  • Options
    _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2009
    Just bubbled by guy hitting 4 on river... heartbreak...!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Wooop! Got a shout out, I can die a happy man now :)
    Posted by dowzer
    Lol, not TOO soon I hope!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Just bubbled by guy hitting 4 on river... heartbreak...!!!
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    That was a sick river!

Poker, so beautiful, so ugly.

At least you took it like a grown-up, & never squealed or moaned or whinged, as many do every time they take a "beat". 

Top man you.

In poker, as in life, sometimes you need to cope with the wind & rain in your face.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO THURSDAY 25th JUNE WITH RICH AND TIKAY : Lol, not TOO soon I hope!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey being mentioned on TV for us mere mortals is a big thing - I know for superstar TV presenters its water off a ducks back but I can tell all my mates now I have been on TV and it wasn't on Crimewatch! Just unfortunate it was dissing your red jacket that got me a mention - I really should apologise for that!!! If I ever get down to DTD and you are there I will buy you a drink :)
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO THURSDAY 25th JUNE WITH RICH AND TIKAY : Just unfortunate it was dissing your red jacket that got me a mention - I really should apologise for that!!! If I ever get down to DTD and you are there I will buy you a drink :)
    Posted by dowzer
    And I will buy YOU a drink for dissing Tikay's jacket... ;)
  • Options
    _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO THURSDAY 25th JUNE WITH RICH AND TIKAY : That was a sick river! Poker, so beautiful, so ugly. At least you took it like a grown-up, & never squealed or moaned or whinged, as many do every time they take a "beat".  Top man you. In poker, as in life, sometimes you need to cope with the wind & rain in your face.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers Tikay,

Poker is a cruel mistress at times, but then we only normally remember the times that she is cruel... not the times when she is right behind you and you suck out on another player at this stage of a tourn... over time it evens itself out so definatley no complaints.

During this point of The Five 00 I was low stacked aswell and was on the BB, so had to push with any two cards really... just fortunate I was ahead in the first place...!

Thanks for your comments though...!