You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

AM I MISSING SUMMIT ERE??????

TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
in the last week ive had a horrendous run of bad luck,my bankrolls taken a heavy hit ,and ive had my chips in ahead........im now on a run of 11 bad beats on a trot ,,,,,,,,,and counting,,,,just a few hands for u to decide if im missing something here?  i got kk ,i raise 3x,get called by 34 os ,yes 34os ,flop 369,ibet half the pot and get re raised yes reraised,i go allin and get called yes called with 34os he rivers a 3 .....im i missing something here???? we are 3 handed i got aq on button raise 3x ,,,,,,,bb gos allin ,i call he got j2 clubs  ,say it again j2 clubs ,hits a 2 ..im i missing summit herei ????? last but not least ,my fav .... i raise 3x with jq hearts ,i get min raised  ,and i call .....flop ak ten , i check ,he bets half the pot ,i re raise allin ,he calls with 77 ,yes 77....the board is ak ten and he calls my allin with 77? comes runner runner flush for him ...... im i missing something here ,has the game changed???????those 3 hands were early on in a mtt ,no one was pot committed at all,i know peeps will say keep on doing what ur doing ,get ur money in ahead ,but im losing money now ,do i need 2 play a higher buyin 2 get away from this kind of play?????/

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    The guy in the 2nd hand obviously liked "two jack off"....... suit

Yeh i speak to a mate on MSN who plays on here, he has lost his last 7 DYM games, and he has been all in ahead in 6 of them... My advice was take a break or play through it, depends on how much its affecting you, but personally i take a break
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited October 2009
    Been having exactly the same problem on DYM's 2,3 outers, runner-runner flushes, Str8's. Worst one I had KK raised, got reraised all in guy has 99, before I raise I say here comes the outdraw and rightly so the 9 hits flop. I almost expect it these days.

Also this will be moved to Area 51 shortly I feel.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    its not so much the bad beats guys ,u get used to it after a while ,,,,,,,,it is the nature of the game ,,,,,its the actual play thats getting to me ......have people got more money than sense ?????? shoving allin with any 2 suited , callin raises ,and allins with 34 os ,   bottom pair???????? ak10 flop thinks his 7s r ahead  lol.... ive not played so much this week but since ive come back on it seems to have got worse ...think i will join u in the deepies 2night flash for a change ...just dont gimmee a badbeat lol
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
    Theres an old saying in poker, "If you dont like what your getting , then change what your doing" ??

maybe it means change your style,   glk
  • Options
    BananaDogBananaDog Member Posts: 1,390
    edited October 2009
    I've played on Sky for over 2 years and in that time I've seen the play on the site improve, but in the last week or so the play has really gone down hill, some of the calls that I've seen have amazed me. I have also noticed that the amount of new players on sky has gone up in the last couple of weeks so maybe this is why.

Good Luck At The Tables
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009

IM I MISSING SUMMIT ERE??????

The ability to construct proper sentences perhaps?
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: IM I MISSING SUMMIT ERE??????:
    The ability to construct proper sentences perhaps?
    Posted by scotty77
    lol
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    The Bounty Hunter style that Sky promoted so readily is well and truly inherent in a great deal of the players now - they have to go all in as they have not been educated in how to fold and find better spots.  Its gonna get better too as the best suggestion for something the site to promote is a 1 chip game and all in or fold!!! And we wonder why the deepstack quality tournies have dwindling numbers.............
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    The Bounty Hunter style that Sky promoted so readily is well and truly inherent in a great deal of the players now - they have to go all in as they have not been educated in how to fold and find better spots.  Its gonna get better too as the best suggestion for something the site to promote is a 1 chip game and all in or fold!!! And we wonder why the deepstack quality tournies have dwindling numbers.............
    Posted by phil12uk
     Spot on!!! 1 Minute roulettes featured on TV?? Unreal
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    u are absolutely spot on phil ,totally agree with everything uve just said
  • Options
    Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited October 2009
    +1 phil
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited October 2009
    I have seen a lot of this recently, I firmly believe that the standard of play on Sky has degenerated and I wonder if it is due to the increased BH tournaments and 1 minute roulettes.

I do find the standard of play in the Orfordable deep stack is top notch and no silly re-raises with rubbish, I second the advice to take a break but maybe play the Orfordable tomorrow and let your poker skills do the talking without too much worry of silly play.

Dave
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    I have seen a lot of this recently, I firmly believe that the standard of play on Sky has degenerated and I wonder if it is due to the increased BH tournaments and 1 minute roulettes. I do find the standard of play in the Orfordable deep stack is top notch and no silly re-raises with rubbish, I second the advice to take a break but maybe play the Orfordable tomorrow and let your poker skills do the talking without too much worry of silly play. Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    spot on SOLARCARRO cant wait til tomorrow nights,see ya there and GL
  • Options
    zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited October 2009
    Posted by phil12uk
    ditto
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    I think Scotty was being sarcastic.
    Dont think he actually meant real offence.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    In Response to IM I MISSING SUMMIT ERE??????:
    in the last week ive had a horrendous run of bad luck,my bankrolls taken a heavy hit ,and ive had my chips in ahead........im now on a run of 11 bad beats on a trot ,,,,,,,,,and counting,,,,just a few hands for u to decide if im missing something here?  i got kk ,i raise 3x,get called by 34 os ,yes 34os ,flop 369,ibet half the pot and get re raised yes reraised,i go allin and get called yes called with 34os he rivers a 3 .....im i missing something here???? we are 3 handed i got aq on button raise 3x ,,,,,,,bb gos allin ,i call he got j2 clubs  ,say it again j2 clubs ,hits a 2 ..im i missing summit herei ????? last but not least ,my fav .... i raise 3x with jq hearts ,i get min raised  ,and i call .....flop ak ten , i check ,he bets half the pot ,i re raise allin ,he calls with 77 ,yes 77....the board is ak ten and he calls my allin with 77? comes runner runner flush for him ...... im i missing something here ,has the game changed???????those 3 hands were early on in a mtt ,no one was pot committed at all,i know peeps will say keep on doing what ur doing ,get ur money in ahead ,but im losing money now ,do i need 2 play a higher buyin 2 get away from this kind of play?????/
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    best advice i can give is play the deepstacks , yes there are landmines in them as well but less , see you there m8 .