You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Another poker points gripe

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Last month, I earned 3674 poker points, I was paid a bonus of £50 (for 3000 pts).  The bonus payments start at £5 for 500 pts, so why did I not get £55.  I might be nitpicking, and if there was something half decent to do with the surplus points carried over, then I probably wouldnt bother.  But as there isnt anything to do with them, apart from penny freerolls, (thanks but no thanks), I would rather take the money.

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    Hi Mate

They do it in ladder stages.

Here is how they pay it out

http://www.skypoker.com/pokerpoints/
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Another poker points gripe:
    Hi Mate  They do it in ladder stages.  Here is how they pay it out http://www.skypoker.com/pokerpoints/
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeah I understand that, but 500pts is still a fiver, so if you earn 11000 you still get £200 instead of £250? even though uve earned 3000 pts more than the 8000 needed to get £200, thats crazy.  If you meet the minimum increments, you should get that bonus.  Bit of a joke dont you think..
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Another poker points gripe : Yeah I understand that, but 500pts is still a fiver, so if you earn 11000 you still get £200 instead of £250? even though uve earned 3000 pts more than the 8000 needed to get £200, thats crazy.  If you meet the minimum increments, you should get that bonus.  Bit of a joke dont you think..
    Posted by OMahonyO
    One of the most popular suggestions on the recent competition was ideas to use up surplus points. This would obviously cost sky a few quid.
    What a shock, not even a mention of this when the prizes were dished out.
    The winners all had idea's that would cost sky nowt and in oynutters idea (not moaning at your win mate) would generate very fast earning rake.

Moneygrabbing instantly springs to mind.
  • Options
    gadgerno1gadgerno1 Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2009

I know what you mean guys I got 25000 of em
    that are no good to man nor beast
    would be good if sky could come up with some
    sort of idea for em

• Options
    PiAnOpLaYaPiAnOpLaYa Member Posts: 554
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Another poker points gripe:
    Last month, I earned 3674 poker points, I was paid a bonus of £50 (for 3000 pts).  The bonus payments start at £5 for 500 pts, so why did I not get £55.  I might be nitpicking, and if there was something half decent to do with the surplus points carried over, then I probably wouldnt bother.  But as there isnt anything to do with them, apart from penny freerolls, (thanks but no thanks), I would rather take the money.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    cant have it all ways if u got £5 for 500 points then you would only get £35...
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I understand the surplus points point on the basis that you could earn say 999 points, get £5 and 499 would be surplus, which in itself is pretty tough on the micro players, That I can understand, but once you hit 500, they should not be surplus.  Its a mad system.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    Yes it is a mad system.

I think I got 4988 points last month.  12 from the next level.

What was even stupider was that I opened up 4 tables at 11.30 on the last night to get these stupid points. I lost £80 with KK vs AK AIPF when an A rivered, and then I looked at the clock and it was 00.00.

I quickly closed the tables but it wasn't quick enough and the 36 points I had earned was put in the October total.

So I ddin't get the £25 or w/e it was increased plus I was down £100 total from the tables.

Total life beat I fail so bad at life and poker its untrue.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    i personally only get between 500 and 700 points a month so this wouldnt affect me, however it is a free bonus and everyone knows the system rules, however i would say just play your normal game and forget about next stages.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    Yes it is a mad system. I think I got 4988 points last month.  12 from the next level. What was even stupider was that I opened up 4 tables at 11.30 on the last night to get these stupid points. I lost £80 with KK vs AK AIPF when an A rivered, and then I looked at the clock and it was 00.00. I quickly closed the tables but it wasn't quick enough and the 36 points I had earned was put in the October total. So I ddin't get the £25 or w/e it was increased plus I was down £100 total from the tables. Total life beat I fail so bad at life and poker its untrue.
    Posted by scotty77
     Send them an email about this, help@skypoker.com they will probably come to an agreement with you to move the points to last month... What have u got to lose?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yes it is a mad system. I think I got 4988 points last month.  12 from the next level. What was even stupider was that I opened up 4 tables at 11.30 on the last night to get these stupid points. I lost £80 with KK vs AK AIPF when an A rivered, and then I looked at the clock and it was 00.00. I quickly closed the tables but it wasn't quick enough and the 36 points I had earned was put in the October total. So I ddin't get the £25 or w/e it was increased plus I was down £100 total from the tables. Total life beat I fail so bad at life and poker its untrue.
    Posted by scotty77
    fair do`s that is a beat.