You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DEALS

GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

Is there anyway Sky poker can setup a function for Tournament deals... As most of the final tables become a shove fest, it would be great for players to do business towards the end....

Just a thought

GB....

Comments

• Options
    richtearichtea Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2009
    This happens a lot in live games, can't see why it shouldn't happen online, especially on Sky where the size of the site and community forum makes for a relaxed, friendly atmosphere compared with the big sites
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
     Thats a definate NO from me, .....It opens the door to collaboration and dare I say cheating !!

At a LIVE tournament I personally would hardly ever do a deal unless it was for say the 'Bubble' to get small amount of the TOP

The Structure here is fine,       IF other sites do deals..........well there's the place to be... go for it...!!    However        I wont be doing deals online .......It means a poker manager has to be over-seeing the table OR you have to trust the players to honour the agreements...........yeah like i'd do that!!!

sorry  NO  
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dont see how that opens itself up to cheating.  I'm just suggesting a feature incase the players on a final table wanted to chop up the cash evenly.... How is that cheating????

It's only my opinion, i've done loads of business online before thankfully the other parties have held their word...
    obviously all parties would have to agree..Just makes things easier...

GB
  • Options
    chipeeeeechipeeeee Member Posts: 21
    edited October 2009
    Glitterbabe you're right lot of other sites offer this option on a final table and it in no way opens up any form of cheating. Yes you do need a poker manager on the final table as once payouts are agreed they then sort out paying people the correct amounts so you don't have to 'trust' other players to do it.

Bennydip your views are almost laughable, the vast majority of tournament players both online and live do deals on a regular basis, why, because it reduces variance
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2009
    I think there should be the option to do deals.

If you dont agree with making deals then when asked the question u say no! its simple! No one will be forced into making a deal they are uncomfortable about, but to have the opportunity to do business would be an advantage.

P.S i owe you a fiver!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: DEALS:
    I think there should be the option to do deals. If you dont agree with making deals then when asked the question u say no! its simple! No one will be forced into making a deal they are uncomfortable about, but to have the opportunity to do business would be an advantage. P.S i owe you a fiver!
    Posted by dantb10
    LOL... No worries have a beer on me.... Good game by the way....
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2009
    Ty yeah was good game. we would prob still be playing now!
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited October 2009
    no deals for me, but each 2 there own, every1 should play 2 win imo
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
     Thats a definate NO from me, .....It opens the door to collaboration and dare I say cheating !!  At a LIVE tournament I personally would hardly ever do a deal unless it was for say the 'Bubble' to get small amount of the TOP  The Structure here is fine,       IF other sites do deals..........well there's the place to be... go for it...!!    However        I wont be doing deals online .......It means a poker manager has to be over-seeing the table OR you have to trust the players to honour the agreements...........yeah like i'd do that!!! sorry  NO  
    Posted by bennydip2
    No benny the deals are not a gentlemans agreement, ive seen it on other sites where it is when it gets down to 3 , the hand stops for a couple of secs each time and all have to agree for the deal to take place and the payout relevant to each players stack is displayed prior to all accepting. its not an equal split. It does work
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2009
    its a no from me,my aim in any mtt is to hit the final table,then if i make it i'm only interested in 1st place...i have done the odd deal in live tournies but usually to give the bottom cash place a slightly bigger cut off the top prize.

i dont think it will lead to cheating,and if sky made this possible it wolud be another feature to the benefit of players who would like to use this facility,but its not for me....
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
     well the answer would be ..have a poker manager sitting up all night to note the deal ... the thing is  SKY almost finishes around midnight and to my knowledge no one over-sees the games to be able to do deals ??

Also i have played a site where 'skype' 'msn'  was rife !!...and also   seen an on going forum argument between 3 players over none payment of a DEAL done   online  for a lot of money !!

Also  at LIVE event's,  sure sometimes a deal is done  BUT not many..... at least    unless its early morning or friends were involved .....  So do I trust someone  online to agree a deal    ......  ?

this fella  only trust's me ... and i trust  him  ..  thats enough trust going on in my mind   )    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited October 2009
    surely it's easy to do? you talk about it in the chat then if everyone agrees to it they would press a button in the game then if every player left that wants to do the deal the pot gets split accordingly with regards to chip stacks
    I vote yes
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    surely it's easy to do? you talk about it in the chat then if everyone agrees to it they would press a button in the game then if every player left that wants to do the deal the pot gets split accordingly with regards to chip stacks I vote yes
    Posted by SwansFC
    This is how it happens and you dont need a poker manager like benny says it is all programmed, i mean you dont think their is a tournament director on every table checking all the winnings and losses and paying out accordingly. I get your point of not splitting on this site benny because the winnings are small compared to other sites. Ive seen 3 players on roughly equal stacks winner gets $80 000 R/UP $60 000 third $45 000 and they all split and got roughly $60 000 each, 2 out of the 3 were pressing the split button at various stages, sometimes a diferent 2 but it was only when all 3 pressed split that it happened - no skullduggery just another option button that can or cant be used. But at least it is an option for some players at the moment their is no choice. By the way i personnally probably wouldnt split cos 1) im a greedy so and so and 2) im never gonna be at that stage lol PS i repeat it is not a gentlemans aggreement it is done through the site just the same as folding , raising etc and cannot be withdrawn