You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Renaming the £2,000 deepstack, The 2k Sky Rich Deepstack?

acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi peeps 

As you know, I asked that the Saturday 10 Handed Deepstack be named after Sky Rich for the great work he does for the community he dearly loves. Things didn’t quite go the way I expected and it is asked that the Deepstack be named after me, obviously if Rich feels that is ok, I would be more than honoured (although more than a little embarrassed).
 I still feel Rich deserves recognition for the work he does, I therefore suggest the 2,000 guaranteed Deepstack be re-named The 2k Sky Rich Deepstack. Thanks once again community, you are fantastic.

Comments

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Renaming the Saturday 10 Handed Deepstack part 2:
    Hi peeps   As you know, I asked that the Saturday 10 Handed Deepstack be named after Sky Rich for the great work he does for the community he dearly loves. Things didn’t quite go the way I expected and it is asked that the Deepstack be named after me, obviously if Rich feels that is ok, I would be more than honoured (although more than a little embarrassed).   I still feel Rich deserves recognition for the work he does, I therefore suggest the 2,000 guaranteed Deepstack be re-named The 2k Sky Rich Deepstack.   Thanks once again community, you are fantastic.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hi Baz
    I totally agree with you about Rich, but if you do get a tourney named after you, i think you should have to pay doulbe to play it, hehehe
    Keep up your great contribution to this community m8.
    col
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    hey guys,

take a look on your other thread i have made a post regarding this matter there.

(thanks for the thought Barry - lovely idea. i really don't need or deserve any recognition for my work in this forum. this is my job and a job that i very much enjoy. the recognition should and needs to go to you guys (the users that make this community happen)

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Renaming the Saturday 10 Handed Deepstack part 2:
    hey guys, take a look on your other thread i have made a post regarding this matter there. (thanks for the thought Barry - lovely idea. i really don't need or deserve any recognition for my work in this forum. this is my job and a job that i very much enjoy. the recognition should and needs to go to you guys (the users that make this community happen) all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

I seem to remember a naming competition for a deepstack, that was named after tikay, he exactly like yourself is an employee of Sky Poker, and exactly like yourself he very much enjoys, as he says he does not count it as a job.

It was for the same reasons I decided that the deepstack be named after tikay for the work he does as I did for you and definitely feel you deserve. Hopefuly the community ityself will deliver the verdict on reading this, one already has.

What do you think out there in Sky Poker land?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anybody?
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    right this is ts

THE ACEBARRYMADSHEFFWEDSFAN DEEP STACK,,THERE YOU GO M8
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Renaming the £2,000 deepstack, your thoughts please.:
    right this is ts THE ACEBARRYMADSHEFFWEDSFAN DEEP STACK,,THERE YOU GO M8
    Posted by razorkev
    Lol
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Baz,
    How about The Rich List D/P,as this is the premier deepie.
    col
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    I think that if a tournie was to be named after Rich, then it shouldn't be one of the flagship tournies.

It would only make sense to forum users, so a lot of people would be confused by the name.

One of the nightly deepies tho is def. a good idea, or even better maybe Sky Rich could just take down the weekly naming tounie :p
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Renaming the £2,000 deepstack, The 2k Sky Rich Deepstack?:
    I think that if a tournie was to be named after Rich, then it shouldn't be one of the flagship tournies. It would only make sense to forum users, so a lot of people would be confused by the name. One of the nightly deepies tho is def. a good idea, or even better maybe Sky Rich could just take down the weekly naming tounie :p
    Posted by scotty77
    Very good point mate.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi

Yup good point scotty, how about the 9.15pm Deepstack?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,429
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Renaming the £2,000 deepstack, The 2k Sky Rich Deepstack? : Very good point mate.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    +1.

We tend to forget, in our own little world, that only a few % of Sky Poker Account Holders are Forum/Community Posters or readers.

90% or so (I don't know the exact number) have never ventured onto the Community sectiion, so when naming Tourneys, this has to be borne in mind.
  • Options
    paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
    edited October 2009
    diamond dickies deepie hows about that
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    yes i totally agree with tikay. and i think we shouldn't name anything after me. i have posted this before but....

(thanks for the thought Barry - lovely idea. i really don't need or deserve any recognition for my work in this forum. this is my job and a job that i very much enjoy. the recognition should and needs to go to you guys (the users that make this community happen)

plus i would feel a bit silly with my name on any of the poker tournaments. i really am not all that good at poker!

however... i'm really hoping to learn a few tricks of you all in the SPT (sky poker tour - for those who haven't heard)

can't wait to meet a few of you for real!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    yes i totally agree with tikay. and i think we shouldn't name anything after me. i have posted this before but.... (thanks for the thought Barry - lovely idea. i really don't need or deserve any recognition for my work in this forum. this is my job and a job that i very much enjoy. the recognition should and needs to go to you guys (the users that make this community happen) plus i would feel a bit silly with my name on any of the poker tournaments. i really am not all that good at poker! however... i'm really hoping to learn a few tricks of you all in the SPT (sky poker tour - for those who haven't heard) can't wait to meet a few of you for real!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    TBF Rich, this is out of your hands. If there is a big enough call for it, we WILL get it somehow.
    So stop being humble and accept the praise and fellings of us all, if  not you'll get a horses head in your bed.

col
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    yes i totally agree with tikay. and i think we shouldn't name anything after me. i have posted this before but.... (thanks for the thought Barry - lovely idea. i really don't need or deserve any recognition for my work in this forum. this is my job and a job that i very much enjoy. the recognition should and needs to go to you guys (the users that make this community happen) plus i would feel a bit silly with my name on any of the poker tournaments. i really am not all that good at poker! however... i'm really hoping to learn a few tricks of you all in the SPT (sky poker tour - for those who haven't heard) can't wait to meet a few of you for real!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Ok, Ok I surrend, white flag time, I know when I,m beat :)

In that case, as tikay put it on another thread a big UP for you m8.

Unless the community feels different :)