You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

footy bets 22/01...

edited January 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
had enough of tryin to pick winners so ive gone for both teams to score
wolves vs liverpool            5/6
newcastle vs tottenham     4/6
villa vs man city                5/6
derby vs forest                 8/11
pompey vs leeds              8/13
cardiff vs watford              4/7
paying 25/1, so cant complain with that!
good luck all

Comments

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited January 2011
    Good luck anonymous!

I've decided to do something a little different this weekend. It's been tough trying to pick out winners this season with so many freaky results so I've gone for a bit of mix & match.

Three bets for me for tomorrow (well, technically two as one of them is a freebie).

Main Acca:

Fulham/Stoke - Under 2.5 goals @ 8/13
    Man Utd - Win to Nil @ 8/11
    Newcastle/Spurs - Both to score @ 4/6
    Pompey/Leeds - Both to score @ 8/13

These 4 are paying a nice 13/2 so I've had a tenner on it.

Since Stoke were promoted to the top flight back in 2008 these two have met on 5 occasions. Four of those games have produced 2 goals or less & if you include the League cup meeting at the Britannia back in September, that's 5 from 6 with less than 3 goals. Neither of these teams tend to produce goals in abundance so hopefully that stands us in good stead for tomorrow's meeting.
    Since Birmingham were first promoted to the Premier league they've played United at Old Trafford 6 times & on all 6 occasions they've failed to score. Only Wigan have scored less goals than Birmingham this season & that says a lot about their lack of fire power. United haven't been at their best this season yet they're still unbeaten in the league & that won't be changing here.
    Despite missing Andy Carroll Newcastle still have plenty of goals in them. Kevin Nolan's been banging them in from midfield & Leon Best has done well recently covering for Carroll. Spurs have only kept one clean sheet in their last 8 visits to St James' & have the leakiest defence of the top 6. Having said that, they've certainly got goals in them & they're coming from all over the park. This should be an entertaining game & I expect a few goals.
    Outside of the bottom 3, Leeds have the 2nd worst defensive record in the championship. Despite sitting in 5th spot they've conceded 43 goals in 27 league games this season. The only way they can combat this is to have plenty of fire power themselves & they certainly do have that. Despite having a back line with more holes than a tea bag, they're also the divisions joint top scorers with 50 league goals so far. It's a similar story at Portsmouth although they have conceded a few more than they've scored. These two shared 6 goals between them at Elland Road back in December in a 3-3 draw.

Super Long Shot:

Wolves/Liverpool - DRAW @ 9/4
    Man City to beat Villa (A) @ 11/10
    Burnley to beat Scunthorpe (A) @ 21/20
    Norwich to beat Sheff Utd (A) @ 13/8
    Brighton to beat Bournemouth (A) @ 13/8
    MK Dons to beat Dagenham (A) @ 13/8

These 6 potentially pay a whopping 252/1 so it does exactly what it says on the tin. Only very small stakes here but I love doing these big long shots cos every once in a while you hit big & get paid (a bit like flopping quads really).

This will be the third time that Liverpool have met Wolves at Molineux in the Premier league since they were first promoted back in 2003. The two previous meetings have both ended all square & there's every chance that this will go the same way. Wolves are scrapping for survival & would probably take a point if offered before the game. Couple that with Liverpool's appalling away form this term (just 1 win in 11!) & the draw looks a decent bet.
    Despite Villa spending £24 million on Darren Bent I don't think he'll have too much of an impact here. City have plenty of fire power all over the park & that's before you get to king Carlos up front. The only problem is that they have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot & dropping points when the shouldn't. However at this price I'll happily back them as part of a long shot.
    Burnley have been poor away from Turf Moor with only 1 win in 11 so far but this is a great opportunity to get themselves firmly back in the promotion race. Scunthorpe won the return fixture 2-0 back in December, but it's their home form that's keeping them in the bottom 3. They've only won once in 11 at Glanford Park this term & with a new manager in place Burnley look a decent shout to take the points here.
    Norwich are in a strong position to claim a 2nd successive promotion & will be looking for the points against a shaky United side at Bramall Lane. They come into this game on the back of just 1 league defeat in their last 12 home & away & took maximum points against the Blades at Carrow Road back in December when they won 4-2. Sheff Utd are just outside the relegation places & have 1 win & 3 defeats in their last 6 so won't be relishing this game much. With Norwich being away from home it's a tight call but as part of a long shot I'll happily take a punt at this price.
    This price on a Brighton win is far too big to ignore. With Eddie Howe leaving the Cherries to take up the reigns at Burnley it remains to be seen if they can maintain their promotion push. They drew at Rochdale in midweek & lost at Colchester last week so they could probably do without the visit of the league leaders. After a bit of a blip before Christmas Brighton seem to have found their form again. They come into this game on the back of 3 wins & the hold the upper hand in this fixture in recent times winning 2 & drawing 1 of their last 3 meetings. It'll be tight but this price is way too big to ignore imo.
    On the face of it the last pick in my long shot could be seen as a bit of a strange one. MK Dons have won only 2 & lost 9 on the road this season but they're certainly in the better form of the two teams. Since Christmas they've won 3 & lost 1 of their last 5 whilst Dagenham have won 1 & lost the other 3 they've played in the same period. Since Dagenham were promoted to the football league these 2 have met 3 times in the league & once in the LDV trophy & MK Dons have won all 4 games. Again, the price was a major factor too.

Bonus Enhanced Acca:

Charlton to beat Plymouth (H)
    Exeter to beat Walsall (H)
    Southampton to beat Tranmere (A)
    Huddersfield to beat Colchester (H)

These 4 are one of the many enhanced acca's that Sky offer each weekend & pays a decent 9/1. Ordinarily I wouldn't bet on these pre picked acca's but I had £10 worth of free bets to use (2 x £5) & as one of those free bets expired tonight I thought I'd give it a go. Usually you can only use these free bets on a win single so they're no good for my usual acca's. However, you can also use them on the pre picked acca's so I've put the whole tenner on this. If it comes in then it's £90 for nothing & if not, well I've lost nothing.

All four games are close calls & if I'm honest the only one I would probably consider backing as part of an acca of my choosing would be Southampton. If you've got any free bets then these enhanced acca's are well worth a look imo.

Good luck if you're having a go this weekend.

Jay
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited January 2011
    BLACKPOOL/LEEDS/CARDIFF TREBLE AT 12/1
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: footy bets 22/01...:
    BLACKPOOL/LEEDS/CARDIFF TREBLE AT 12/1
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I did consider Cardiff cos they're a big price at home but Watford are playing so well right now. 
  • Options
    pieman1213pieman1213 Member Posts: 57
    edited January 2011
    . It's been tough trying to pick out winners this season with so many freaky results
    that is the understatement of the year!! barcelona losing to real betis cozst me in a 6 team acca, and i only added them for value!!
    going to have a look at what to do for tmro...good luck all
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited January 2011
    Ive went for a bit of pick the winners in a  53p 100% of what i have in account accululator.
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueHearts v RangersMatch Result 22/01/2011 12:45Rangers @ 10/11
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueArsenal v WiganMatch Result 22/01/2011 15:00Arsenal @ 1/5
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueEverton v West HamMatch Result 22/01/2011 15:00Everton @ 1/2
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueNewcastle v TottenhamMatch Result 22/01/2011 15:00Tottenham @ 6/5
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueAston Villa v Man. CityMatch Result 22/01/2011 17:30Man. City @ 11/10
    Odds are poor indeed, but i just want results lol.
  • Options
    Sky_BernieSky_Bernie Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2011
    Hi,

As a Blue my bet today is Villa V Man City - Draw HT / City FT @ 4/1.

City beat them comfortably at home  4-0, but with the arrival of Bent at Villa, plus the expected tightening up of City's defence after leaking 5 goals in the last two games I think it will be very tight first half with City coming into their own in the second half and winning the tie.

Dzeko had a very good debut for City and came close to scoring; and a value bet today is for him to score along with Tevez - Price for both players to score during the game is 9/2.

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • Options
    ajbrown7ajbrown7 Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2011
    gone for a few shocks today and therefore this accumulator is worth £2000 from just a quid! unlikely but there's always a chance!

AC Milan (win)
    Japan (win)
    Hamburg (win)
    Wolves
    Arsenal
    Blackpool
    Leicester
    Ipswich
    Peterborough
    Southampton
    Luton
    Man City
    Barcelona
    QPR
    Real Madrid

good luck everyone and lets hope some of us collect some winnings this weekend!
  • Options
    ajbrown7ajbrown7 Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2011
    As usual the early kick off lets me down so raced online to do another bet.  £5 on this accumulator pays around £185 
     Arsenal Wigan - both teams to score - no        4/7                                                             
     Under - Fulham v Stoke City - Under/Over Total Goals+2.5 (Handicap: +2.5) 4/7    
     Manchester United - Manchester United v Birmingham City - To Win to Nil 4/5    
     Blackpool/Draw - Blackpool v Sunderland - Double Chance 2/5    
     Under - Everton v West Ham United - Under/Over Total Goals +2.5 (Handicap: +2.5) 10/11    
     Leicester City - Leicester City v Millwall - Match (90 Minutes Play) 8/11    
     Peterborough United - Peterborough United v Hartlepool United - Match (90 Minutes Play) 10/11   
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Two winners in a row. Although I was sweating it a little bit towards the end. I felt so dirty screaming at the TV for Spurs to score a goal!
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited January 2011

The bookies will be running scared....LOL.

• Options
    murray69murray69 Member Posts: 436
    edited January 2011
    Okay im not happy lol I HATE PRESTON! Last week i had 4 teams 2 home 2 aways i had millwall to beat ipswich they won 2-1 i had huddersfield away they won 4-2 stoke to beat bolton they won 2-0 and leicster to beat preston, Well preston scored in the 90th minute when leicster were 1 up to lose me a nice some of around 100, anyway this week i did 2 homes 2 aways again, i had forest away they won 1-0, norwich away at sheff united they won 2-1, fulham at home to stoke they won 2-0, and middlesbrough to beat preston, and preston scored in the 88th minute with boro 1 up!! which cost me around 75 quid. I HATE PRESTON, i think i may do preston to draw next week?? lol x
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited January 2011
    Nice one bob...i think its the law that all accumulators are either won or lost in the 90th minute!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Okay im not happy lol I HATE PRESTON! Last week i had 4 teams 2 home 2 aways i had millwall to beat ipswich they won 2-1 i had huddersfield away they won 4-2 stoke to beat bolton they won 2-0 and leicster to beat preston, Well preston scored in the 90th minute when leicster were 1 up to lose me a nice some of around 100, anyway this week i did 2 homes 2 aways again, i had forest away they won 1-0, norwich away at sheff united they won 2-1, fulham at home to stoke they won 2-0, and middlesbrough to beat preston, and preston scored in the 88th minute with boro 1 up!! which cost me around 75 quid. I HATE PRESTON, i think i may do preston to draw next week?? lol x
    Posted by murray69
    That's really unlucky mate. I think every punter has a team that always messes things up. It was Chesterfield for me last season.
  • Options
    murray69murray69 Member Posts: 436
    edited January 2011
    Yeh mine was port vale last season, anyway well done mate