You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football on Tuesday!!

DPhillipsDPhillips Member Posts: 67
edited January 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Jw what people are betting on tomorrow night?

ive still got a free bet to use and it has to be over evens

any 1 have an idea on who to bet on?

let me know who u think is the best team to bet on that is over evens

cheers

Comments

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited January 2011
    Hey Mr P

How much of a risk do you want to take with your freebie? I've got a free fiver to use & as it can only be used on a single I'm seriously considering putting it on Villa to win a Old Trafford tomorrow night. It might sound a little crazy but I think Villa are starting to turn a corner. They comfortably beat Blackburn in the cup on Saturday & beat money bags City the week before that.

I don't believe for one second that Utd will go the whole season unbeaten & at one stage it looked as though Blackpool were gonna inflict their first defeat of the season last week. Take into account that Villa won there last season as well & all of a sudden the 9/1 on offer looks mighty tempting for a free bet. Of course, the odds suggest that it probably won't happen but then how many people backed Ipswich to beat Arsenal in the first leg of their semi a couple of weeks ago when they were priced at 14/1?

If you want to take a smaller risk then I'd back Gillingham to win at Stevenage which is currently 21/10. Stevenage have only lost 2 from 13 at home in the league this season but Gillingham are in fantastic form at the moment. They've won 8, drawn 1 & lost 1 in their last 10 home & away in the league & they beat Stevenage at home at the beginning of the month. That one defeat acme away at high flying Wycombe btw.

If you fancy putting together an acca then take a look at my other thread for the midweek betting (if you read this in the next 15-20 minutes it'll be up soon!)

Jay
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited January 2011
    For me, having a look at Tuesday's games I'd go for:

CARDIFF v Reading   HOME WIN is around 11/10.

Cardiff won 8/13 games at home this season and can always score goals for fun. Not a bad price.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Football on Tuesday!!:
    Hey Mr P How much of a risk do you want to take with your freebie? I've got a free fiver to use & as it can only be used on a single I'm seriously considering putting it on Villa to win a Old Trafford tomorrow night. It might sound a little crazy but I think Villa are starting to turn a corner. They comfortably beat Blackburn in the cup on Saturday & beat money bags City the week before that. I don't believe for one second that Utd will go the whole season unbeaten & at one stage it looked as though Blackpool were gonna inflict their first defeat of the season last week. Take into account that Villa won there last season as well & all of a sudden the 9/1 on offer looks mighty tempting for a free bet. Of course, the odds suggest that it probably won't happen but then how many people backed Ipswich to beat Arsenal in the first leg of their semi a couple of weeks ago when they were priced at 14/1? If you want to take a smaller risk then I'd back Gillingham to win at Stevenage which is currently 21/10. Stevenage have only lost 2 from 13 at home in the league this season but Gillingham are in fantastic form at the moment. They've won 8, drawn 1 & lost 1 in their last 10 home & away in the league & they beat Stevenage at home at the beginning of the month. That one defeat acme away at high flying Wycombe btw. If you fancy putting together an acca then take a look at my other thread for the midweek betting (if you read this in the next 15-20 minutes it'll be up soon!) Jay
    Posted by silentbob

Im leaning more towards Stevenage in this one. Im a Northampton fan and went to watch us away at Gillingham 2 weeks ago, where we lost 1-0. We played badly but still had lion share of possession. Gillingham were awful and scored from a good finish from Cody McDonald. He is the only one who scores goals for them so if he has an off night then i doubt they will trouble the stevenage goal.

As for stevenage, they play a very high tempo and physical game at home and i just can't see them losing against this kind of team.