You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekend footy betting (12th/13th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited February 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

Hopefully I can follow up my midweek win with another tomorrow.

Two bets to start with although I might add one or two more in the morning.

Main Acca:

Liverpool to score 2+ goals @ 1/2

Hull to beat Preston (H) @ 8/13

Leyton Orient to beat Bristol Rovers (H) @ 4/6

Crewe/Gillingham - Both to score @ 8/13

These four pay a decent 11/2 so I've had a tenner on as normal.

Since Wigan were promoted to the top flight back in 2005 they've met Liverpool at Anfield on five occasions. In four of those games Liverpool have scored at least two goals which makes this bet appealing. If you take into account current form as well then this is well worthy of inclusion in any acca this weekend. Liverpool are unbeaten in their last five games, drawing once & winning their last four straight. They've also not conceded in those four wins either. They may have lost Torres to Chelsea but they're still capable of getting goals. Luis Suarez is settling in nicely, Stevie G knows where the goal is & Raul Meireles has scored four in his last five games. In contrast Wigan's 4-3 win at home to Blackburn last week was their first victory in seven & in their five visits to Anfield they've lost four & drawn once so the omens don't look good for them.

Hull are one of the form teams in the championship at the moment & are unbeaten in their last six in the league (winning three & drawing three). They'll be looking for a late push for the play offs & this gives game gives them a good chance of closing the seven point gap between themselves & Leeds who currently occupy the last play off spot. They've already beaten Preston this season when they won 2-0 at Deepdale back in November. Preston are currently rock bottom of the championship & are in real trouble. They come into this game on the back of two draws & four defeats in their last siz in the league & it's only one win in their last fifteen in the league! 

If they can keep up their recent good form then Leyton Orient could be dark horses for a late surge towards the play offs. They're currently seven points off 6th spot with at least one game in hand over most teams above them. They come into this game unbeaten in their last seven in the league & have actually only lost once in their last twelve which came at league leaders Brighton on January 1st. In contrast Bristol Rovers are in awful form particularly on the road. They have just one win in their last seventeen home & away & have lost their last five on the road conceding a massive 21 goals in the process. Leyton Orient have won the last four meetings between the two sides including a 3-0 win at the Memorial Stadium back in November.

Crewe & Gillingham certainly have goals in them. Crewe have only one clean sheet in their last seven whilst Gillingham have one in six. These two shared four goals back in November when Crewe ran out 3-1 winners at Preistfield. Between them they've scored a total of 99 goals & conceded 81 in the league this season so I think the paying punters are likely to get value for money at Alexandra Stadium tomorrow.

Massive Long Shot Acca:

Blackburn to beat Newcastle (H) @ 11/10

West Ham to beat West Brom (A) @ 11/4

Cardiff (-1) to beat Scunthorpe (H) @ evens

Doncaster to beat Portsmouth (H) @ 13/10

Charlton to beat Peterborough (H) @ evens

MK Dons to beat Brentford (H) @ 11/10

Shrewsbury to beat Stevenage (H) @ 11/10

These seven potentially pay a whopping 319/1 so only a quid & some loose change on it for a bit of fun.

Blackburn have won the last six league meetings against Newcastle & this price comes as a bit of a surprise. They're decent enough at Ewood & despite Newcastle's amazing fightback against Arsenal last week I still think they're gonna struggle for goals. I mean they've just signed Shefki Kuqi for crying out loud! I reckon they'll grind out the points here to leave Newcastle looking over their shoulders.

We've got a very tricky game at the Hawthorns tomorrow & West Brom will certainly make us pay if we think we can turn up & take the points. It looks as though Robbie Keane is missing for a while now but we've still got players who can put the ball away for us. I fancy this could be a high scoring game tomorrow & at this price we're worthy of inclusion in any long shot this weekend.

Cardiff have found their form again & are unbeaten in their last five in the league winning three of them. Scunthorpe are the visitors to South Wales this weekend and they are in freefall with just one win & one draw in their last twelve in the league. Cardiff won 4-2 at Glanford Park back in November & won 4-0 at home last season so this price of evens is massive.

Neither Donny or Pompey are in particularly great form at the moment but this price for a home win should be given serious consideration. Donny are generally decent at the Keepmoat & despite sitting in 15th spot they've only lost three from fourteen there so far. Pompey haven't been great travellers this season losing nine from fifteen so far & they also lost the return fixture 3-2 at Fratton Park back in November.

I'll be surprised if the price on Charlton is as big as this tomorrow. They've won their last three & host a Peterborough side who haven't travelled well this season. Peterborough like to concede goals too with 55 against them in 27 league games so far, which includes five from Charlton when they won 5-1 at London Road in November.

MK Dons are another side with a big price at home where they've only lost twice in thirteen so far. They've already beaten Brentford 2-0 at Griffin Park in the reverse fixture in November. The visitors come into this game on the back of some poor form themselves with only one win in their last eight in the league.

Shrewsbury are probably one of the riskier picks in this lot but they've won their last two & are strong at home where they've only lost twice in fourteen. Stevenage are certainly capable of giving them a game but they're not great travellers themselves with only three wins from twelve on the road. It won't be easy but at this price it's well worthy of inclusion as part of a long shot.

Good luck if you're having a go peeps

Jay

Comments

• Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2011
    Hi Jay,

Thanks for the tips, I love the effort that goes into them. I've had a pound on your longshot. I did as well last week and it was looking really good at one point.

Here is what I have had. I just made a list of everyone I fancy and didn't manage to whittle it down at all so it's a super long-shot:

Colchester
    Rochdale
    Bournemouth
    Bury
    Shrewsbury
    ==============
    Liverpool
    Cardiff
    Brighton
    Leyton Orient
    Port Vale
    ==============
    Man City

£5 top 5, £3 top 9, £2 top 10. Can't remember all prices now but I'm sure top 5 pay 49/1.

JC

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2011

Selections 
    1Shrewsbury    @ 1/1

2Aldershot    @ 5/6

3Southampton    @ 4/9

4Sheff Wed    @ 13/8

5Huddersfield    @ 4/5

6Cardiff    @ 1/3

7Ipswich    @ 19/10

8Arsenal    @ 1/4

Multiple Bets

1 x 2.00 8 Folds
    Stake: 2.00
    Potential Winnings:  239.91
  • Options
    ajbrown7ajbrown7 Member Posts: 121
    edited February 2011
    Didnt plan on picking 13 teams but couldnt decide who to drop... so they all stayed in a £5 accumulator. pays around £650 quid!

Arsenal
    Villa (draw no bet)
    Liverpool
    Hull
    Cardiff
    Leicester (draw no bet)
    Leyton Orient
    Colchester (draw no bet)
    Southampton
    Brighton
    Darlington
    Grimsby
    Barcelona

good luck people!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I just couldn't help myself so I've had had another couple of small bets for this afternoon

Both to score acca:

Blackpool/Villa @ 1/2
    Sunderland/Spurs @ 5/6
    West Brom/West Ham @ 8/13
    Norwich/Reading @ 8/13
    Watford/Burnley @ 4/7
    Charlton/Peterborough @ 4/9
    Crewe/Gillingham @ 1/2

These 7 are paying 23/1 so a couple of quid on 

Away day long shot acca:

Leeds to beat Bristol City @ 11/8
    Leicester to beat Derby @ evens
    Bournemouth to beat Walsall @ 11/8
    Bury to beat Stockport @ 4/5
    Hearts to beat Hamilton @ 4/5
    Elgin to beat Clyde @ 10/11

These 6 pay 69/1 so I've also had a couple of quid here too.

Good luck peeps
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I must admit, I didn't think it's be Liverpool that let me down today :(

Never mind, despite a bad day at the tables I can still end up in profit as long as Sunderland & Spurs both score so here's hoping.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's not often I celebrate a Spurs goal :)
  • Options
    chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
    edited February 2011
    i had a ten team win acc this after noon was doing great till wigan scored lol liverpool cost me once again other 9 teams won typical really dont u think may be next time