You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Midweek footy betting (15th/16th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited February 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
The Champions League returns this midweek & there's quite a few football League games as well.

I've put these on tonight as I won't have time to research properly before the games tomorrow

Bournemouth to beat Bristol Rovers (A) @ 10/11
Charlton to beat Hartlepool (A) @ 6/4
Livingston to beat Airdrie (H) @ 2/5
Milan/Spurs - Both to Score @ 10/11

These four pay a very tempting 11/1 so I've had a tenner on.

Given the recent form of both sides this is a big price on Bournemouth to take the points at the Memorial Stadium. The Cherries come into this game unbeaten in six & have only one defeat in their last ten. Importantly they're picking up wins on the road as well as at Dean Court. They currently occupy the 2nd automatic promotion spot but they've played more games than their promotion rivals so maximum points here are a must if they're to maintain their pressure at the top. In contrast Bristol Rovers find themselves rock bottom of league 1 & are in awful form. Their 4-1 defeat at Leyton Orient on Saturday was their 5th on the trot & they have only one win in their last twelve in the league. Whilst they've been scoring goals (they've scored in each of their last six games) their defence has more holes than a tea bag as they've conceded a whopping twenty goals in their last six! These two haven't met since 2008 but Bournemouth certainly have the upper hand as they've won six & drawn one of the last seven meetings.
Again, taking into account recent form the current price on Charlton taking all the points at Victoria Park is seriously huge. Since Chris Powell took charge they've won four out of four & are looking certs for at least a play off spot this year. Hartlepool have hit a real bad patch at the moment with only one win & five defeats in their last eight in the league. A while ago Hartlepool were looking like they could make a push for the play offs but recently they've been dropping points all over the place & against teams that on paper at least, they shouldn't have. Charlton did the double over Hartlepool last season & I fancy them to continue their good run here too.
I don't usually bet on the Scottish leagues too much but felt this was worthy of inclusion. Livingston are currently six points clear at the top of the 2nd division & are unbeaten in their nine games at home so far winning seven of them. They come into this game on the back of four straight wins scoring thirteen goals in the process. Airdrie haven't travelled too well this season & are in poor form at the moment. They've only one win in their last seven & have recently dropped points to 2nd bottom Dumbarton (lost 1-2 at home & drew 1-1 away) & just before that they lost away to rock bottom Stenhousemuir. These two sides have already met twice this season with Livingston winning both games (2-1 at home & 0-1 away).
AC Milan may be top of Serie A but they've not been great in Europe this season. Their only victories in the group stages came against Auxerre & both Ajax & Real Madrid scored two against them at the San Siro. Win, lose or draw Spurs will go to Italy aiming to at least get one away goal to bring back to White Hart Lane & they've got the firepower to do it. They're not one of these sides that rely solely on their front men to get the goals & even though they'll be missing one or two they've got enough of an attacking threat to get a goal or two. On the downside their defence is their weak link so they're also more than capable of conceding too. 

As a side note, I've got £15 worth of free bets to use so I'm gonna chuck it all on Birmingham & Newcastle to draw at St Andrews tomorrow night. Only Fulham have drawn more games than Birmingham so far this season & with neither side exactly setting the world on fire in terms of goals scored tomorrow I can't see a clear winner. The last four meetings at St Andrews have finished all square so the price of 9/4 has plenty of appeal. 

Good luck if you're having a go.

Jay

Comments

• Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited February 2011
    Jay u best not have jinxed us charlton!

Good luck looks a good bet

Ok i have gone for bit of a longshot £2.50, return £165, i think i have a good chance but well see....
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueBirmingham v Newcastle Match Result 15/02/2011 19:45Birmingham @ 6/4
    FootballNpower ChampionshipCardiff v Burnley Match Result 15/02/2011 19:45Cardiff @ 10/11
    FootballNpower ChampionshipSheff. Utd v Reading Match Result 15/02/2011 19:45Sheff. Utd @ 15/8
    FootballNpower League 1MK Dons v Leyton Orient Match Result 15/02/2011 19:45MK Dons @ 13/10
    FootballNpower League 1Walsall v Dagenham Match Result 15/02/2011 19:45Walsall @ 11/10
    Back to Account History Search
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    As a long shot that actually looks quite good.

Shame the Bournemouth game's been called off tonight although it might be a blessing in disguise. The other 3 are still an 11/2 shot so not all bad.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, a few strange results last night but then that's been happening all season

On to tonight though & a nice little treble to hopefully get back on track

Forest to beat Scunthorpe (A) @ 8/11
    Wigan/Bolton - Under 2.5 goals @ 4/5
    Arsenal/Barcelona - Both to score @ 4/7

These 3 pay 18/5

If results were solely down to the form book then Forest getting the points tonight will be a foregone conclusion. I expect they'll be made to work hard for the win but no matter which way I look at it I really can't see any other outcome. Forest are currently 4th in the championship only two points behind 2nd place Cardiff. Crucially they have two games in hand over the three teams above them (including this game) so maximum points here will put them in a really strong position to try & grab the automatic spot after just falling short last season. They're unbeaten in their last ten in the league winning eight of them. They got a good point away at league leaders QPR at the weekend particularly as they had to play over an hour with 10 men. In contrast Scunthorpe have just one win in their last thirteen & of the other twelve they've lost eleven, although they did push Cardiff close at the weekend.
    Since Wigan were promoted to the top flight back in 2005 they've played Bolton fourteen times in all competitions. Only three of those games have produced more than two goals. I wouldn't put anyone off backing the draw in 90 minutes here either (currently 12/5) as five of the last six meetings have ended all square.
    Arsenal & Barcelona are two sides who try to play football how it was intended & they're also two of the very few sides who can pull it off. This promises to be a fantastic sight for the neutrals out there. Both sides have got plenty of firepower in them & in their two meetings in this competition last season they shared nine goals between them over the two legs, four of which came at the Emirates in a 2-2 draw. Barca know that they'll need at least one away goal to take back to Spain with them for the return leg which should leave space for Arsenal to capitalise on to get a goal or two of their own.

If you fancy a long shot tonight then I reckon it's worth a couple of quid on Wigan/Bolton to draw (12/5), Shakhtar to beat Roma (23/10) & Arsenal to beat Barca (11/4!!!). The treble pays 41/1 so it might be worth a quid or two.

Good luck if you're having a go 

Jay
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    LOL I shoulda known it would be Forest to let me down tonight
  • Options
    burnanatorburnanator Member Posts: 67
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (15th/16th):
    LOL I shoulda known it would be Forest to let me down tonight
    Posted by silentbob
    Jay you are losing your touch.....lol..pm me next time you do ur predictions and i will do mine along side yours mate