You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why I love tournament poker!

penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,094
edited March 2011 in Brags, Beats and Variance
Played the Vegas quarter and the main event tonight. Had the pleasure of Tikay to my left for most of the Open, and I played like him too. About one hand an hour ! Card dead and blinded down to a short stack then double up and back to card dead again. Ran better in the Vegas 1/4 though and approached FT with a good stack.

The Open wasnt getting any better, but made it to the bubble with 4000 chips, less than 10BB. Let it drift through to the cash and concentrated on Vegas final table, where I had the bigstack and looked comfortable to get through. 2 seats and £108 for 3rd, so any of those would do. Solack was giving me trouble as usual though.

Found a couple of spots in the Open to get my tiny stack in and survived to make top 20. Could I hang on till the top 10 ? Thats where the cash starts to get worthwhile, so hang about and give myself the chance to get lucky !

Meanwhile I had made top three on other table and in the end blew my bigstack and settled for 3rd for £108.

But on the Open I got lucky and found a couple of hands. I then had enough chips to shove players off pots when they made weak bets.  And made the top ten in 2nd place. Next target was final table, get there and I have every chance of winning it. So just did enough to preserve my stack and got to the FT in good shape. But it took forever shortstacks were winning every flip, and often when they got their chips in behind too.

But it wasnt to be, the shortstack to my right was routinely stealing my big blind and when I picked up A6 I called him, and was beaten by his mighty 76 o/s. Next hand I jammed with 99 and ran into pocket kings. Down to 4BB ! One double up then my shove with KQ was called by AJ. And it was one of those teasing flops AKx, followed by the Q on the turn.... yipeee ! Of course the 10 was on the river and that was all she wrote.

But for an evenings poker its hard to beat. I had the chance of a good win, but was happy to settle for £400+ in profit. Vegas qualifying will wait another day. Good luck to all those who FTd in the Open, I enjoyed the game.

Comments

• Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited March 2011
    Great post.

It's good to hear from players who are happy. Sometimes it seems that 90% of the content on poker forums is doom, gloom, bad beats and moaning. Hopefully this new section will encourage more people to post 'good news' threads like this.