You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

"Female, what's happening on the exchanges???"

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited March 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Fitstly, although I'm always betting on every sporting event, it's only for fun,and small stakes and to make it more interesting,- inevitably I'm a losing punter, but I don't mind, and the big wins are worth it for the buzz, however, some things with horse racing and horse racing betting really intrigues/confuses me.

1) The 'ecxhanges'

What are they??? Whats the females "machine" all about??

I had a horse earlier that was favourite on the normal betting, but was much bigger on the echanges.

The female suggested that according to the exchanges, my horse had no chance. 

Sure enough, although it went off favourite, it ran and jumped terribly, never got close to the front 4/5 and finished nearly last.

How do these people know????? And likewise when a horse is coming in on the exchanges, is it the owner/trainer having thousands on them at the last minute??

It seems someone out there actually knows what is gonna happen, they are very rarely wrong??????

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2) This 2nd one ReALLY winds me up......

The start of a jumps race, horses at the front of the field at the start often have 20+ lengths advantage on the ones at the back. 

Now I understand some horses are there to set the pace and stuff, but it's not always pacemakers, and horses at the back have to expend energy making up the ground throughout the race.

Im not saying use stalls, obv, but surely the jockeys should all be keen to get to the front, therefore ensuring a fair start???

The amount of times horses win or lose by uner a length is staggering, yet they continue to start 20 yards behind.

If horses like to be held up, they could start 20 yards ahead and go really slow for 100m, saving energy, and making others use energy, in a game of such fine margins surelly they shud seek to gain every possible advantage??

-------------------------------------------------

Can anyone shed some light on the above????

Ty.

Comments

• Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2011
    point 1 the exchanges dohhh is bet fair which is also the females machine and another,and your rite when they drift they very rarely win,but i do remember 3 days before the gold cup afew years ago someone leaked from the favs irish stable there was something wrong with it drifts to 999to1 on bet fair,nowt wrong with the horse breezes in at 3to1 on the day,,bit iffy that one think the stable leaked false info and had it rite off making thousands

point2 happens more in novice hurdles where the trainers just want there horse to school round out of trouble at the back,happens alot in ireland,some horses though dohhhh can not just run from the front they need cover or pass beaten horses and when they get to the front they idle,having said all this you do have a point its frustrating when your horse gives another 10l at the start and just  gets beat 
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited March 2011
    Are you on betting tilt after the cricket JJ?

fwiw i know fook all about horse racing so cannot answer your questions.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited March 2011
    Theres a site called betangel.com with a forum on it

If you,ve got any questions about the exhanges, there would be a good place to start - They cover just about everything   ( I,m still  trying to get my head round it all myself ) 

MP