You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker on TV

NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Anyone follow any of the tournaments currently shown on TV?

Had been watching the Party Poker Euro Open V but it finished last week. Now I think we're just left with the Sport Stars Challenge (Sky Sports Tues 10.30pm) and World Poker Tour (Sky Sports Mon 10.30ish).

The WPT has had some interesting characters - Men The Master being the main one! Seems to get away with shoving all-in in a rather unusual way. Rather than "I'm all-in", followed by the stack slide, he opts for "ALL YOU CAN EAT, BABY!" and puts his chips in bit at a time (like a string bet).

Are there any other TV tournaments on at the moment or coming up? (usually at some unusual hour!)

Comments

• Options
    fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited August 2009
    Hi nosey. In addition to the shows u mentioned, Bravo2 are also showing the EPT at 6am everyday and then at 10 they are running the 2007 wsop. The main event has already been shown but they are now showing the HORSE event, which has been very interesting. Also information tv has been having poker on at about 10pm every nite. Hope this helps mate. The EPT events have been very good. Mike
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Poker on TV:
    Anyone follow any of the tournaments currently shown on TV? Had been watching the Party Poker Euro Open V but it finished last week. Now I think we're just left with the Sport Stars Challenge (Sky Sports Tues 10.30pm) and World Poker Tour (Sky Sports Mon 10.30ish). The WPT has had some interesting characters - Men The Master being the main one! Seems to get away with shoving all-in in a rather unusual way. Rather than "I'm all-in", followed by the stack slide, he opts for "ALL YOU CAN EAT, BABY!" and puts his chips in bit at a time (like a string bet). Are there any other TV tournaments on at the moment or coming up? (usually at some unusual hour!)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi El, you could try WSOP coverage on the net? well done on your 6th (i think!?) last night... I'm licking my war wounds from the utter fall from grace I have suffered at the hands of my quite clearly better other half lol

Dave
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker on TV:
    Hi nosey. In addition to the shows u mentioned, Bravo2 are also showing the EPT at 6am everyday and then at 10 they are running the 2007 wsop. The main event has already been shown but they are now showing the HORSE event, which has been very interesting. Also information tv has been having poker on at about 10pm every nite. Hope this helps mate. The EPT events have been very good. Mike
    Posted by fingers615
    I'll check those out, thanks!

Elliot

• Options
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Poker on TV : Hi El, you could try WSOP coverage on the net? well done on your 6th (i think!?) last night... I'm licking my war wounds from the utter fall from grace I have suffered at the hands of my quite clearly better other half lol Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Yes thanks - 6th and my first ever FT, so well chuffed. Nice little bonus for my BR too.

• Options
    SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2009
    channel 166 info tv shows all sorts of tourneys every night from 9 or 10 ish, alot of reruns but showed aussie millions, wsop 2006 07 and 08, poker world crown etc,

can watch it online aswell i think, that's all i'll be doing for the forseeable gone broke again, big sigh!!
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    I imagine that this year's WSOP coverage will be starting soon.
    Last year it was shown on ESPN Classic (Sky 429), I think.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Pokertube.com has all the main poker TV shows available for streaming.

My personal favourite is High Stakes Poker - its a cash game format so it has a different feel than the tournie shows.

Also the Poker after Dark cash games are good too.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Pokertube.com has all the main poker TV shows available for streaming.
    Posted by scotty77
    Pokertube.com - I'd forgotten about that site, cheers!

Checked it out this morning and they have started broadcasting WSOP 2009 Main Event (EP 7 onwards). Got a bit of catching up to do ...

Also thanks for the info about the Information Channel on Sky - spotted loads of shows on there.

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited August 2009
    Ye i watched the Sports Stars one, did u see that guy hit the Q on the river to bust Patel's Trip aces, and he was so cocky afterwards.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ye i watched the Sports Stars one, did u see that guy hit the Q on the river to bust Patel's Trip aces, and he was so cocky afterwards.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yeah, SO FIXED! lol

Not seen it all yet though, just saw the first guy go out and had to stop it to come to work :-(

• Options
    Penny_LessPenny_Less Member Posts: 234
    edited August 2009
    Women's Open III ch5 tonight :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Women's Open III ch5 tonight :)
    Posted by Penny_Less

Will check out, fanks! - the last women's tournament I watched (on Bravo) had Chloe Bale in it :-D Ooo I'd like to kiss her (see if Sky Rich spots that one lol)

• Options
    RESTORMELRESTORMEL Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2009
    Lots of poker to watch online here  http://www.thenutz.tv/
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Watch this one for the Phil Hellmuth hand about 4 mins in. Norman Chad's commentary is fantastic, lol "Meltdown in 3..2..1"

• Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited August 2009
    Every so often, I'm grateful for the odd bout of insomnia. 

I saw a riveting excerpt from the 2007 Aussie Millions at about 4am recently, where 'The Croc' (very stylish player with muted dress sense), really needled Phil Ivey by constantly joking throughout a $215,000 pot... that he wasn't even involved in. This isn't the full episode, but you can see the results about 2.30 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi4TQr985cY
  • Options
    edited September 2009

The first heat of the 2009 Poker Million from London - tonight on Sky Sports 3 and also in glorious high definitions on HD3 :-)

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Poker Million on Sky Sports 1 should be good on Tuesday night (20th Oct) ... Antonius ... Dwan ... The Mouth! ... amongst other. Shame Fullflush isn't there with Dwan but I guess there's potential to meet up in a later heat. They're best mates. Not.

Also there's WPT action on one of the Sky Sports channels tonight. Last weeks was awesome - Gus Hansen in fixed, sorry, suckout central mode.