You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

"All-in" - A Nights Poker.

POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
edited March 2011 in Brags, Beats and Variance
Well I hit the tables last night with my usual optimistic enthusiasm and having took down a tourny the night before I was in a confident mood.

I had 30mins to go before any of my tourneys started so decided to watch a bit of telly and chill (BIG Mistake) I woke up 38 mins later only to find my 1st tourny had already started (What a Plonka I am)

I'd also forgotten to pick the wife up from work who was not too impressed and I knew I wasn't going to get my usual cup of tea to keep me going whilst playing poker so all in all a pretty bad start to the nights events.

Anyway onwards and upwards I thought, but unfortunately, I played my worst night of poker ever. Nothing to do with the cards at all really but my play was 2nd rate to say the least and my evening was a wash of bad plays by myself making me shorty (Short Stack) in most tournies, which only lead to a bit of shovin with any two cards (Not a position I like to be in) but there I was.

So here is my losing streak from last night for all to see and to remind myself NEVER to fall asleep prior to playing poker and ALWAYS pick the wife up from work or else!!!!
TourneyTime (ish)CostWhat on Earth Happened?Exit Hand
£4k D/Stack Direct 5.20pm-£4.80I Raise pre-flop with QQ, to a flat call. Flop looks dead so I shove all-in and run into Pocket Aces Oooops! QQ v AA

Tikay's Sleepstack 7.00pm-£11.00 Been Pretty dead all game, got short stacked so I tried to steal a blind, big stack calls and board draws dead so oppo wins with A High  A2s v A6os

Take on Tikay 8.30pm-£5.50 All in for 1K with AJ sooted, big stack calls with pocket 8’s and hits full house 888 66(Mr binkmeister deserted me again lol) AJs v 88 

8K Sky Ports Semi8.30pm-48.00 Made a huge mistake here – Raised pre-flop to a flat caller, flop looks pretty safe with 1 over card, oppo checks, I shove only to find he’s holding KK Oooops! (I really should know better by now)  77 v KK

£400 Bounty Hunter9.15pm -£1.55 Well what can I say – This is a bounty hunter so I’m shoving pre all day long with Pocket 9’s. Oppo calls with K 10, flop comes 10A10 and I’m doomed 99 v K10 

£1500 Bounty H/ter 9.30pm-£11.00 Flop comes 4K6 so I make a move all in, I have top pair so I’m ahead of oppo who is holding A4 until Boom!!! ‘A’ Turn ‘4’ River to give him a full house AAA44 KJs v A4os

£15k Sky BH Semi. 10pm-£7.201 caller pre-flop, I decide to flat, flop comes A85 hearts, I check, oppo flats, I call, oppo ½ pot bets I call to a flushing board, I have a heart so call his all-in (What was I thinking? lol) he’s sat with the 10 hearts in his hand so takes me out.  77 v 9 10os

Good Luck at the tables tonight peeps - See you there.

Pokertrev
(Official Plonka!!!)

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited March 2011
    Ouch, unlucky Trev, I hope that you have better luck tonight.

PS I've moved this to the beats brags & variance section which I think is the more appropriate part of the forum